Circle Rankings

The IceWings live by a magic wall with their names on it. It's dumb, but I won't get into that now.

How does it work though?

Queens have the power to move the names, but how do they decide? Snowfall moves names around depending on who annoys her, this is proved when she slides her uncle down for, well, annoying her. But how did Glacier use it? Or Diamond, in the time of Darkstalker? Or all the other IceWing queens?

Dragonets start at the bottom of the Seventh Circle. They work their way up. That much makes sense at least. As they do more good stuff, they get higher. Bad stuff, they go down. Who decides what's good and what's bad? One queen might love crimes, for instance, and move you up for murder or something. But another queen might hate that, and put you back down for those same crimes. One queen might reward you for catching food for a feast, but another queen might think feasts are pointless or the food wasn't good enough. It's so complicated, that queens need advisors to make these decisions. 

But advisors. They can do stuff too. Winter's parents were able to move around names. So it isn't only the queen. What's stopping the dragons in the Seventh Circle moving their name up? Maybe it's considered a crime to do that. Maybe only royalty can use it. But then, why not just bribe the royal dragons with treasure and stuff?

And why seven circles? Is seven a lucky number to the IceWings? Was it randomly chosen? Or did a dragon need seven levels of rejection to be outcasted from their tribe and left in the dust (or snow lol) to rot?

IceWings have the weirdest lives...