ch. 8

wednesday, november 25th

i ran to payton and dropped everything when i was a few feet away from him. i hugged him and started to cry again.

"shh, its okay" he whispered to me and rubbed my back.

we were in eachothers arms for a few minutes until i let go. i looked down for a second but he picked my face up by cupping my cheeks and wiping the tears away with his thunbs.

"lets take you home" he said and opened the door for me. i sat in the passenger seat and waited a minute for him to come inside.

"are you hungry?" he asked me but i slowly shook my head as i looked out the window. the ride was silent until we got out of the car and he helped me bring my stuff inside.

"a-are you going anywhere?" i asked him and he slowly shook his head no. we went up to my bedroom and he held me tight.

"do you want to talk about it?" he whispered to me. "not yet" i softly said. the whole house was quiet. my mom wouldnt come home for another couple hours and i felt relieved for some reason.

"you're beautiful you know that?" he said to me while softly rubbing my back. "i can beat his ass if you want" he joked but nothing came out of me.

"can you sing me a song?" "ofcourse. anything specific?" he asked me and i didnt say anything.

"oh, youre the kind of woman-"

"hey!" i said all happily to the phone. "yo y/n! heard you were coming back today. party happening at sway, come whenever" bryce said and hung up without hearing my response.

"party at sway" i said and got up out of bed. "you sure you want to go?" payton asked me while i was taking out my clothing to take a shower.

"only way that will make tonight better" i responded and left the room.

P A Y T O N ' S P O V

i was waiting for y/n to come out of the bathroom and her phone rang again, this time it was millie who was calling her. i knew louis had a sister named millie but i didnt know if "mills" was his sister or jacobs ex girlfriend.

"hello?" i answered . "who is this?" a girl with an accent said. i still couldnt tell who it was, which was difficult because i didnt want to say the wrong thing to the wrong person.

"payton. who's this?"

"im millie. now can you tell me where y/n is?"

"uh- millie who?"

"bobby brown. can you tell y/n to call me back? its urgent"

"she's in the shower. i dont think she is going to want to talk about what happened. she didnt want to talk to me and shes going to a party"

"youre her ex. ofcourse shes not going to talk to you about it" she aggressively yelled . "dont let her go to that party. shes going to get completely drunk and i dont trust you watching her"

"im taking care of her okay? i'll tell her you called when shes out of the shower"

"if anything happens to her i will-" i didnt want to hear the rest of her sentence so i hung up on her. wasnt the best thing to do to her best friend but what am i going to do? it hurts me just as bad seeing her broken like this.

i'd hurt the living hell out of louis but he did the same thing i did. i calmed down and soon was texting a few friends talking about the party that's about to happen.

the door opened and y/n strutted inside wearing a short red lace dress. "fuck y/n"

"like?" she said seductively and lightly ran her finger on my jawline. i was staring down at her as her eyes were being led by her finger going from my jawline, down my adam's apple .