Chapter 4

The big day is here and I'm moving on a slightly broken heart. I understand Jean wants to be fair to the other boys but this is killing me. I mean I know he still loves me but I just want only him, and I can't so I have to suck it up and met these boys. They don't seem bad and I'm actually excited to meet them, I think.

I'm walking down to the men's parlor to meet the boys when I bump into Shalom accidentally dropping his papers on the floor. I quickly bent down waiting to see if he was going to shoot me one of his " are you kidding me" looks. But he doesn't his eyes are soft as he collects the papers from my hand.

"Good luck with them KK, and if anyone tries anything let me know. I might be reserved a little but I will still shut down anyone's actions in a heartbeat...with force." He leans in and kisses my forehead and I give him an assuring nod before walking off, I might not admit it a lot but Shalom was the only sibling close to my age being a year younger, and I need him from time to time.

I approach the door and hear quite a lot of chatter. I like that they seem to be getting along but that's going to be shut down for some. Positive attitude KK. You got this, just be yourself. I open the door and almost immediately the room gets silent and the boys stand to bow but I put my hands out to stop them.

" No, it's ok. You don't have to bow to your potential future wife." I chuckle and some join in. " Ok one thank you guys so much for taking this opportunity to even consider me your wife. I will be talking to you all one by one privately, when I'm done with one you may sit and the next person may come up. So good luck my loves." I concluded walking towards the couch off in the corner when I catch Jean's eyes. He just does a small nod and surprisingly I let go of some tension I didn't know I was holding. How does he do it?

I point to the first boy and wave him over to join me. He walks over with great posture and a beautiful smile. I stand to bow with him. We take our seats and I start.

"Hello, my love. Ok, let me get a go at it... Your Jordan correct? " I ask taking a guess at his name.

" Good job!" He laughs and I smile. "I thought you wouldn't know our names the first day, I believe you're quite busy."

" Yes I am, I figured the least I can do is know all your names. I can do the neglecting later." I joke and he laughs. "Do you have anything you would like me to know, any fun facts?" I ask.

" One I didn't know the princess had a wonderful sense of humor. And besides what I put on my application. I love to read, it calms me down." he responds.

" Mhm ok. I do as well and so does my cousin." I don't know why I added Kay, I believe the thought of her makes me relaxed at this moment, she is my backbone.

" Kaosara??" He asks pulling me out of my thoughts.

" Yes! How did you know I was referring to her?"

" Well your family isn't exactly in the shadows and she is... Known. Anyone that pays attention can see your fondness for her and vice versa. Plus she is a nonchalant human once you see her past her movies. I figured you guys would share that liking." He concludes with a smile and I get up to bow and dismiss him. I like that he is observant. He follows and stands and we bow.

" You have potential Jordan. Do me favor a call the next boy ok love?" He nods and walks back to his seat calling the next suitor. The next suitor's breath was horrendous, it made my eyes water and I had to dismiss him quickly. I come across Brandon the boy my grandparents were talking about. When I brought up the topic of my family saying he looks familiar he just said I know. He is suspenseful and I surprisingly like it.

As I'm thinking about it my last suitor approaches me and it's no one other than Jean. I stand and bow and sit down, looking at the floor.

"Talk to me love." He says in a hushed tone and leans over to look at my face.

I look up at him trying to hold my tears back, " Jean please don't.... Don't make this harder for me." my voice breaks and a lone tear falls on my face.

" Don't cry, please. I'm sorry. I just want this to be somewhat fair, and it already isn't since we are in love. Kerttu please I'm sorry...please." he begs me reaching out to hold my hand and I let him.

"I love you, I just want to play this safe. We can get into serious trouble if we don't. Ok??" I nod and he kisses my hand which makes me smile and we get up and bow. I dry my face and fix my posture as I walk towards the boys.

" Ok thank you all for staying to talk with me it was a pleasure and I was really happy to know all of you. You all may go join my family in the great room for breakfast unless I asked you to stay back for a few minutes. Thank you." The boys quickly got up and left to go join my family leaving behind ten hopeful faces. I wave a maid over turning away from the boys to talk.

" Please get the names of all ten boys and get a check of 18,000 dollars for each boy, thank you." She nods and walks away. I turn back to the boys embracing myself for their reactions.

" I loved meeting with each and every one of you but unfortunately I decided not to proceed with you all. The checks for you are being made and are going to be given to you before you leave. If you want you can grab a snack before leaving. Once again I'm very sorry and I do love you all." I finish my statement waiting for someone to yell at me or something but out of the ordinary Chase stands and bows, "Long Live Princess Kerttu." The others follow in a scattered pattern and I simply nod and give everyone a hug before walking out, letting my shoulders relax a little once I leave. I start walking to the great room to eat with my family and start to fix my posture as I approach the door. I open the doors and the boys move off their food to bow but I stop them once more and walk over to my seat with my family without making eye contact.

After a few minutes, Grandpa tries to asks what is on everyone's mind, " So Kitten....umm"

"Ten. I dismissed ten." I turn back to my food and so does everyone else after my response. I didn't want to go into details.