Chapter 13

Everything was very quiet at breakfast. Artie, Santana and Brittany still had no idea what was going on.

Marcy made breakfast for everyone, needing something to do. When they were finished, she sent out a mass text to everyone in their group, including Matt, Jade, Khandi and their boyfriends, Tanner and Diego.

Even India, Karou and Paris were invited.

Artie checked his phone first. "You called a meeting?"

Marcy nodded slowly.

Ellen leaned on her as Mal took her hand.

Artie noticed the tiny measures of support. "Okay. Cool. Have you heard the songs from the new episode of Adventure Time yet?"

Marcy smiled wanly. Artie was a really great friend.

M-A-P

"Why do I feel like something bad is going to happen?" Tina asked when Mike came to get her, both electing to stay apart until their home in California was ready.

"I think it already did but something worse is on its way."

"Could Marcy really have had an abortion?"

He didn't know all the answers but he was sure that wasn't it. "Let's go see what this meeting is about and we'll know for sure."

She took his hand and let him lead her to the elevator. They went up in the lift until they reached the top floor then used their key to get in.

They took their shoes off and went deeper into the apartment, to the living room. They were some of the first people there and spoke to the room's occupants, who responded.

Others trickled in until Sam came in last.

Mal went to him and everyone flinched when he reached out but he only hugged him. Sam hugged him back.

The two sat down and although Mercedes was glad there'd be no bloodshed, she was still worried. "Should the kids be here?"

"They should know." Marcy spoke low and measured. She called Larc in LA so she wouldn't have to repeat it again.

"You don't have to do this." Quinn felt for her only sister with her eyes.

"I do. You deserve to know why I'm such a terrible human being."

"Marcy, don't say that!" Laura lectured from on the line.

"Laura." Came Marc's voice.

Mike got up and left the room but returned quickly with the blanket he knew was for his new niece or nephew. He gave it to his pregnant and suffering sister so she would have something else to focus on.

She raised her eyes and her gratitude shone brightly. She took the project and began stitching and repeating her story. Everything she'd told Mal in the closet.

Her voice was low and soft, factual and to the point. She left nothing out about the miscarriages or how she lost them or her reactions to them.

Literally every female was weeping hard. The males weren't far behind.

Khandi had had no idea about all of that and felt bad about dumping Sam now. Maybe she had been too rash?

Brittany sniffled hard. "Did you do it?"

"Do what?" Marcy sounded dead.

"Take your friend's body back to India?"

That was tough to hear. Marcy swallowed thickly. "No."