Chapter 7 - A Better Job

"Thomas where the hell were you!?" a disheveled Tubbo yelled from across the walkway of the stilt houses. He looked pissed. Really pissed.

"Heyyy, Tubbo! Big T! My friend-" "Save it, Tommy! Just..." Tubbo massaged his temples. "We have a serious situation here, alright! Just try and act mature about this for just a second... please."

Tommy pursed his lips for a moment before nodding. "Yeah, alright man..."

"Just... follow me." Tubbo lead him around the walkway towards Phil's house, the loud rumble of chattering and yelling from inside setting off pretty much every single one of Tommy's alarms. "Tubbo, the Hell is goin' on man?" Tommy looked down at the president, who looked a little nervous and distant. Like he wasn't entierly there.

"Right..." Tommy took Toby's silence as a hint to keep his mouth shut.

"Tubbo! Dude you gotta get here quick, Phil's gonna beat the shit outta him!" Alex called from the front door. He looked freaked out, like he'd seen a ghost or something.

The two of them stepped into the house, a crowd of people all sort of penguin huddled around something, a looming feeling of anxiety hovering in the air as the president and vice president stepped forward.

Over top everybody stood Phil, his blonde hair falling over his face as he largely loomed over somebody Tommy couldn't quite see yet. Phil's fists were clenched, and his wings shook with a visceral hatred as he went to throw a punch at whoever kneeled on the floor.

"Phil! Phil- Phil no!" Tubbo was panicked, pushing through the crown to stand beside the blonde. Toby gave him a little look, and Phil hesitantly let his fist fall with a huff, stepping to the side and putting whoever sat on the darkwood floor into clear view. Tommy waited until Phil had shuffled away before looking... he hadn't seen Phil that pissed off since they were kids.

Once Phil had completely moved Tommy brought his attention back to the situation at hand.

A familiar pair of sunset yellow eyes glared back into his sea blue ones.

Tommy took a step back, his blue eyes fixated on the familiar figure infront of him. His black hair, once greased back, was messy and fell over his sunken in yellow eyes. His beard had grown out from the usual 5 o'clock shadow into something far more noticeable, and his suit and tie were ripped and shredded, like he'd been mauled or something. his horns looked a little beat up too, chipped from some sort of scuffle Tommy guessed.

"Oh, great. It's you! As if my day couldn't get any fuckin worse!" Schlatt gave Tommy a disgusted look, his hands wrigging behind him as he tried to get out of his bonds. "Why the fuck did you call him here, huh!? Just lock me up or somethin', why you gotta drag this shit out, Toby!?" He spat Tubbo's name out like it was a bad word, his eyes fixated on Tubbo's for a moment longer than Tubbo would have liked.

The room suddenly erupted into cries of agreement, a loud mixture of different voices all demanding the exact same thing; lock the bastard up.

In the middle of the outcry Schlatt could just be heard belting overtop everybody. "Come on, Mr. President! Do it! Fuckin' do it!" His tone was taunting,  mocking what Schlatt believed to be nothing but incompetence from Toby. "Do it, Toby! Fucking do it!"

Schlatt suddenly moved his gaze away from Tubbo to Tommy. "Come on! You and your buddy used to be in charge here! Tell the twerp to lock me up, you son of a bitch!"

The crowd grew louder and more passionate with each passing moment, a dense feeling of pure rage in the air as Schlatt sat in the middle of it all, practically cackling his ass off as the chaos grew around him.