True Warmth ✅

Chapter Nine: True Warmth

____________________

Katsuki sat on Izuku's twin sized soft bed that was nearly full with blankets and pillows. As Katsuki sat on the bed Izuku went to his small bathroom to grab the first aid kit that he had stashed under his sink.

Izuku often patched up his own wounds. Due to him being hurt so much it was rather bothersome to go to the nurse all of the time.

Katsuki was still in shock that Izuku had seen him in such a vulnerable state. It made him worry about how Izuku saw him now. He's supposed to be the number one hero yet here he was letting negative thoughts get him down.

Katsuki hated that Izuku was helping him. He didn't want the other boy to see him so weak. It made him feel like a failure. Yet for some reason he was glad that it was Izuku seeing this side of him.

After around six minutes Izuku returns back to his bedroom holding a small medical kit in his hands. The kit was barely any bigger than a lunchbox but it got the job done. Katsuki watches as Izuku clicks open the box before pulling out a small packet of burn cream and tan ace bandages. Katsuki sat there quietly, looking up at his childhood friend.

"Hey, Kaachan. How are you feeling?" Izuku quietly asks as he takes a seat on the bed next to Katsuki. He has this concerned look on his face that slightly irritated Katsuki.

"I'm fine, just get this the hell over with," Katsuki's voice comes out rough and scratchy. He would much rather be in his own dorm room. He hates being looked at like he is incompetent.

Izuku doesn't care that Katsuki would rather be anywhere else than his dorm room. He doesn't just want to fix up the blonde, he wants to do so much more for him. The look on Katsuki's face is telling Izuku he would much rather be away from the other boy. It was understandable as to why though.

Without saying anything else Izuku grabs the packet of burn cream before ripping it open. He squeezes just a little bit onto his middle finger and pointer finger. He then carefully applied it to Katsuki red slightly swollen skin.

Katsuki hisses and flinches in pain. It was anything but pleasant. No matter how gently Izuku is being he's still going to feel pain. He watches as Izuku smears the burn cream on before carefully wrapping the wound up.

It takes Izuku a few moments to fully dress Katsuki's wounds. The blonde found it insanely embarrassing spreading his legs and allowing Izuku to see the part of him he wanted no one to see. Katsuki knew that his ears and the tip of his nose were a light shade of pink. He kept his head low, not wanting to make awkward eye contact.

Both boys sat on the bed in silence for a moment. They are still processing what had happened. Izuku wonders what Katsuki could be thinking about. Katsuki knew that the talk was about to happen but he's not sure if he was ready for it.

"Katsuki." Hearing Izuku saying his given name again causes a shiver to crawl up his spine. "I know you don't want to talk about this but we need to," Izuku adds. He has a sad look on his face. His dark green eyes look right into Katsuki's ruby red ones.

Izuku then does something rather odd. He reaches out and grabs on Katsuki's hand. At first the blondes tries pulling away but in the end he allows Izuku to hold onto him.

"I just want know how I can help you," Izuku explains. Katsuki's not sure how he could be helped. In his mind he was already doomed.

"I don't think you can help," Katsuki replied. He looks down at his thighs with a frown on his face. This proved his point perfectly.

"I want to try," Izuku presses. Katsuki glares down at his thighs before looking up at Izuku.

"I don't understand why you'd want to try," Katsuki hisses in anger. Why did Izuku want to help him? Why was he trying so hard to get Katsuki to understand? None of this made any sense.

"Because," Izuku stares at the blonde before taking a deep breath. "I love you."

"That's not fucking possible."

Katsuki doesn't want to hear him say that. He doesn't want to hear Izuku lie to him. It's just going to break his heart even more.

"It's true, I've liked you since the fourth grade," Izuku says, voice tight and rough. He must be having trouble admitting it.

"It's not fucking true, stop lying!" Katsuki snaps, voice rising. He flinches from his own loud voice. He looks away from Izuku, eyes burning.

"Katsuki, please look at me," Izuku begs, scooting closer to the blonde.

"I don't want to," Katsuki's mutters. He feels as if his body was cut open and put on display. He hates feeling so open.

"Please," Izuku begs. Finally Katsuki looks over at him, "What?" The blonde grumbles.

"I don't want to see you in pain anymore," Izuku explains. "Let's talk about this a little more then lay down? Does that sound good?"

"Whatever, fine," Katsuki agreed, looking away from Izuku to wipe away the small tears that had built up in the corners of his eyes. He hates crying infront of people so this was torture.

Izuku looks at Katsuki with a sad smile on his face. "Why do you hurt yourself?" He knows it's going to be difficult for Katsuki to talk about his problem aloud but he wants the blonde to at least try.

"I don't know why I do it," Katsuki mumbles.

"Kaachan," Izuku doesn't want to push Katsuki to say the truth but in order to help the blonde he needs to know.

"I don't know, okay? It just gives me this control over something," Katsuki sighs, picking at his short clipped nails. "It's the only thing that I'm able to control."

"You know there are other ways you can make yourself feel better," Izuku struggles to explain. He's not exactly sure what he should and shouldn't be saying.

Katsuki shrugs his shoulders, "I know."

Izuku reached over, careful grabbing onto Katsuki's hand. The blonde doesn't pull away, he doesn't want to.

"Can you promise me something?" Izuku asks, holding onto Katsuki's hand as if it's the last time.

"Promise you? What the hell does that mean?" Katsuki asks, looking at Izuku in confusion. Promise him?

"If you ever feel upset, promise me you'll come talk to me," Izuku wants Katsuki to come to him even if he just needs someone to talk to. He wants to be the person that Katsuki relies on.

"I just...I just don't get why you would do any of this?" Katsuki's so confused. He doesn't understand why Izuku is acting the way he is. We're they more than friends or was Izuku just saying this so Katsuki wouldn't off himself?

"Seeing you so sad just breaks my heart," Izuku quietly mumbles. A look crosses his face that Katsuki doesn't fully understand. They stare at each other for a moment.

"Like you give a shit," Katsuki wants to believe Izuku's words, he really does but he also doesn't want to get hurt. Not again.

"I don't think you'll ever realize how much I care about you, Katsuki," Izuku confesses with a slight smile on his face. Katsuki's heart beats loudly within his chest. Maybe he'll never truly understand how much Izuku cares about him but...he's willing to try and understand.

"Whatever." Katsuki mumble, face flushed from embarrassment.

"Will you please let me treat your burns until they are fully healed?" Izuku is almost begging. He's also giving that puppy dog look. Katsuki just can't say no to that.

"Fine," Katsuki's words hold no venom. He felt rather calm knowing that Izuku would be the one taking care of him, not some other extra he barely knew. Izuku's smile is small as he squeezes the blonde's hand once more.

"Thank you, Katsuki."

Katsuki squeezed Izuku's slightly larger hand. For the first time in years he feels safe and loved. That was all thanks to Izuku Midoriya who helped Katsuki Bakugou feel something other than numbness and agitation.

____________________

Thank you for reading! <3

Sorry for heavy editing!