Chapter One

A/N: Welcome to the story. We shall see where our story leads. Happy reading.

Disclaimer: I don't own Glee, characters or song lyrics.

*****************************************

Sam and Blaine were at Blaine's apartment in Lima, Ohio. It had been six months since the gang left New York. Sam and Mercedes had split up for various reasons such as time, distance and simply Mercedes wasn't ready to take the next step in their relationship. He understood and respected her for that. But he was only 19 and not ready to talk about marriage or what he will be at when he was 30 years old. He went to New York to become a model and somewhat successful. He realized he's a country boy, so he came back to Lima where Coach Beiste had hired him as an assistant coach at McKinley High.

Mercedes continued with her singing career and becoming an even bigger Diva, Kurt was getting ready for his third year at NYADA and working at Vogue.com. Blaine and Kurt had broken up, so Blaine home and got a job at Dalton Academy as the new coach of the Warblers. And Rachel.... She's gone into hiding. Sam still couldn't believe that she.had walked away from NYADA and playing Fanny for her own show, That's so Rachel. To be honest, he didn't trust that producer Lee. Something about him seemed shady. Rachel was stubborn and blinded by fame. As he and Blaine sat an watched the first episode of "That's so Rachel", it was awful. He wished he could talk to Rachel and be that shoulder she could lean on. He wished he had been there to her more in high school.

When he and Blaine had first visited New York, Sam and Rachel spent time together. He felt sparks when they looked at each other, danced together, also when she rubbed that oil on his chest. Damn she was so hot. How did he not notice before. Beautiful brown hair, chocolate brown doe eyes he could dive into, her tee is tiny bootie, those lips he wanted to kiss, and les he envisioned wrapped around him, and -

Blaine: Sam. Sam. Sam!

Sam quickly snapped out of his thoughts.

Sam: Huh? What dude?

Blaine: You zoned out. I've been calling your name. Where was your mind?

Sam was shocked that his mind was on Rachel Barbra Berry. His late best friend Finn's soul mate. The last woman he ever expected to think of. Wow.

Sam: Um nothing, I was just thinking how sad it is that Rachel's show isn't doing well. The singing is cut out and Rachel I'd a better actress then this. I told you all that Lee guy was shady.

Blaine: It's not the start she wanted but it's a beginning. I wish she'd come out of hiding. Rachel deserves some happiness both professionally and romantically. How about you both? There were sparks flying last time. We all saw that.

Sam: I don't know what you mean. Rachel and I are just friends. She was in love with Finn, and I'm not over Mercedes.

Blaine: I'm just saying. Don't close the door on a possible Samchel romance. I love Mercedes but I definitely feel Samchel.

Sam: Whatever dude. I'm going to bed now. Night bro.

Blaine: Good night Sam.

As Sam got ready for bed, little did he imagine that thoughts of Rachel were on his mind.

 "The Cowboy In Me" (A/N: Tim McGraw)

(Sam)

I don't know why I act the way I do
 Like I ain't got a single thing to lose
 Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy
 I guess that's just the cowboy in me

 I got a life that most would love to have
 But sometimes I still wake up fightin' mad
 At where this road I'm heading down might lead
 I guess that's just the cowboy in me

 The urge to run, the restlessness
 The heart of stone I sometimes get
 The things I've done for foolish pride
 The me that's never satisfied
 The face that's in the mirror when I don't like what I see
 I guess that's just the cowboy in me

 The urge to run, the restlessness
 The heart of stone I sometimes get
 The things I've done for foolish pride
 The me that's never satisfied
 The face that's in the mirror when I don't like what I see
 I guess that's just the cowboy in me

 Girl I know there's times you must have thought
 There ain't a line you've drawn I haven't crossed
 But you set your mind to see this love on through
 I guess that's just the cowboy in you

 We ride and never worry about the fall
 I guess that's just the cowboy in us all

Before Sam turned out the lights, he quickly texted Rachel.

Rachel, just making sure you're okay. Please message and let me know you're okay. I miss you. -Sam.

Sam put his phone on nightstand and closed his eyes and dreamt of his Broadway star..HIS Broadway star wait what?! he told himself.

*************************

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this first chapter. Read & Review please.

Song was Cowboy in Me by Tim McGraw