Chapter 22

An hour later of driving brought them to Olivia's residence. The apartment door opened, she stepped out and stared at the couple.

"Well,hello there. So glad you two came." She grinned as they walked towards her.

Dressed in a short red tight fitting dress showing cleavage, along with fish net stockings, platform heels and her lips devil red,Eleanor was shocked at her too revealing outfit.
Clearly she was trying to impress someone.

"Happy Birthday Olivia. Nice Party." Eleanor fake smiled, wrapping a hand around Theo's bicep as they stood infront of her.

"Thank you sweety. I heard that you're going to have a baby,congratulations. This is wonderful news." Olivia gave a tight lip smile. "The two of you make a great couple. Your husband is a lucky man."
Her face was expressionless right now. She had been learning how to make her face like that.
Nobody could read the witch so easily now.

"Come inside lovebirds. The party just started." She turned on her heel and they followed her inside.

Eleanor glanced around. There was a balloon arch by the main table with cake, drinks and snacks to keep everyone happy. There were other wall decorations and confetti. Gorgeous fairy lights hung on the ceiling to light up the warm summer night. Young adults were everywhere... some of them mingled with others, some of them were outside, drinking or smoking. And the drunk ones were dancing around to the best of the music.

The song,
Into The Groove, by Madonna blasted through the speakers.
One of Eleanor's favourite tunes.
It was a good thing the music wasn't too loud. Increased noise levels could cause her to stress and may affect her developing baby.

"Your place is beautiful." Eleanor said, glancing at Theo and wondered why he'd gone quiet.

"Thanks."

"Well,it's far too big just for one person." Theo uttered, staring at Olivia with cold eyes.

Oh, he hated the fact that he actually had been involved with this woman before. She was once his...but not even his type at all. His type was looking at her right this second.

"There's a table over there with beverage, liquor and a variety of food. Or you can have cake if you want."
Olivia pointed to the large table in the corner.
"Why don't the two of you sit down, I'll be right back." She ordered with eyes bright and snappy, then backed away and left them alone.

Eleanor peered closer at the kind of food that was served. Taco, mac and cheese, pizza with fruit and veggie platters,meat, cheese trays and so on.
They looked delicious,but she wasn't hungry at all. And she was definitely not going to eat from Olivia's food!

Once they took a seat on the large sofa, Eleanor spoke.
"I don't get it. Olivia's being super nice. I can't even tell if she's being fake with me."

Theo grasped her hand, entertwining their fingers,then kissed her knuckles.
How on earth was she going to survive this party when she didn't even know anyone.

"Isn't it wierd Theo? Being friends with your ex?"

He gave her a neutral expression. "We're not friends. She only worked for me."

"Tell me how the two of you met. I'd like to know." She watched him closely, waiting for a response.

He scrunched his eyes up in deep thought. "Why would you want to know that?" He shook his head. "That's not important."

"Then tell me why she cheated on you."

He scowled down at her. "Seriously Eleanor, now is not the time or place to even talk about that."