Chapter 24

"You're doing great El." Ryan commented, watching me closely while I worked.

He's been paying close attention on how I mix drinks and communicate behind the bar after I got the job...since he's the one who has been training me for a while. I learned quite alot about mixology which was more than just dumping drinks together. I still needed a little more practise.

"You're saying that just to be nice. We both know I suck at this." My answer came out flatly.

The hint of smile left his face, folding his arms. "I mean it. You're getting the experience as a bar back. You're getting good at this." He winked.

Am I?

"If you say so." I answer back, then glanced around the almost empty bar which excluded a friendly ambiance that I enjoyed.

Only a few men and women were hanging around. Their conversation and laughter overpowering the jukebox in the corner. The smell of food wafts towards me and it's a little nauseating. It's difficult to work like that. Sometimes I just feel like running to the bathroom and throw up.

A tall woman wearing all black ducks inside and and comes to sit on the stool by the bar.

"What would you like to drink?" I asked kindly.

"Gimme the Rasp-Bananarama." She replied, tapping her fingers on her chin. "Shaken, not stirred honey."

"Coming up."

I said, reaching for the empty glass and muddled a handful of raspberries,tapping it with ice inside the glass. She watches as I mix the other ingredients in a shaker, straining into the glass.

"You work fast." She smiles as I rest the glass infront of the woman.

She takes a sip.

My feet is starting to hurt and all I want right now is to take a long bath. The man in a suit sitting on the left orders a double gin and tonic so I make his drinks fast, without spilling any drops.

"Your drinks sir." I place it down infront of him.

"Thanks pretty lady." He downs them like he really needed it.

Glancing over at the large clock on the wall, there's only one hour left before I finish at 6pm and I can't wait. It's been a long day and I'm exhausted.

..............

Narrator's POV

There was a knocking on the door that sounded demanding, making Theo frown. He was certainly not expecting any visitors this time of the day, after 6. And the last thing he wanted to do was talk to anybody. He thought it was Olivia by the door, and that irritated the hell out of him because he didn't want to see her. But the knocking didn't stop. Theo got angry.

Knock-knock-knock.

He growled, finally rising from his seat. The handle juggled, and then the door swung open. When he finally saw who it was, his breath caught.

Eleanor?

His eyes trailed down her shapely legs, traveling north, over her tight jeans. His gaze slowed at her swollen belly, then at her breasts which awakened every nerve in his body.
Christ.
He resisted the urge to march over there, pull her into his arms and kiss her senseless right then and there.
No,he promised himself that he wouldn't touch her.
Not yet.

She cleared her throat, and his eyes darted up to her pale face. Theo saw her arched brows, looking at him with folded arms as if he had no right to stare.
At his own wife!