Chapter 25

Eleanor walked on the porch with her suitcase after knocking three times on the door. When Nathan finally opened, he immediately noticed her expression. She was of course still in a great state of shock because of the news.

Nathan frowned deeply, motioning for her to come inside. When she did, he questioned. "What's wrong?" He was alarmed.

"Nothing." She tried to smile. "I'm perfectly fine. Did Andrea go to bed?"

He shut the door. "Yes."

"And Charlie?"

"Fast asleep."

"Okay."

A moment of silence.

"Look, Eleanor I know this is none of my business, but I know that look on your face. It tells me something bad happened. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here."

She hesitated. "Um, that's sweet of you. Something bad happened and honestly I don't know where to start."
She wrapped her arms tightly around herself. "I didn't even want to tell Andrea, or you. But I promised my sister I would not hide anything from her anymore."

"Alright,sit down. I'll make you a cup of chamomile tea. Is that alright?"

"No thanks,I don't want anything." She spoke in a barely audible voice as she placed herself onto the sofa.

Nathan sits down. "Alright, what's wrong? This about your husband?"

"Yes." Tears glittered in her sad eyes. "I just found out that he's going to have a baby with Olivia."

"She's pregnant?" He whispered in shock, eyes widening. "That is bad." Nathan paused. "I am so sorry."

"I know. Right now I just feel like shutting the whole world out." She rubbed her temple.

"What are you going to do about this? The man has been selfish and unfair. You know you deserve so much more."

"That's a really good question Nathan, but I don't know what to do. Either I'll have to accept this or walk away from this marriage. It's not going to be easy." Eleanor shook her head.

"Correct. But it's all up to you Eleanor. Are you going to forgive Theo and accept Olivia's unborn child? A result of an affair?" He leaned back, kicking his legs out infront of him.

"I have some thinking to do, like I said I don't know yet. I'm suffering here."

"Exactly." Nathan agreed. "It hurts Andrea and I to see you like this." He frowned.

"I am aware of that, yes."

"This is your choice, don't let anyone tell you what to do. It's time for you to officially decide what your life will be."

~~~

Narrator's POV

There's a knock on Theo's office door and suddenly Abigail appears.

"Mr James, your coffee."

Jesus.
He scowled at her as she moves over to the desk at a slow pace.

"Where the hell were you Abigail? I thought you died or something."

Careful James.

Her mouth pops open at his harsh words. And she knew that he did'nt like her very much.

Hus tone goes cold. "I'll let this one slide. Make sure it doesn't happen again."

Abigail startled. "Yes sir. I'm sorry, it's totally my fault. I'll be working through lunch."