1. How to apply makeup

Step 1: Clean your skin!! I cannot stress enough how important it is for you to have a cleansed face before applying your makeup. Having a clean base is key for your makeup to apply evenly onto your skin.

Step 2: Apply moisturiser! Moisturising your skin before applying your makeup is important because its a good base for your makeup as it helps it stay on longer. It also stops your makeup from looking cakey. Apply on your face and down your neck.

Step 3: Primer! I usually skip this step as i use moisturiser and it does the same thing and I prefer moisturiser. Primer helps prepare your skin for the application of concealer and foundation. It also helps minimise the appearance of pores and helps your makeup to last longer.

Step 4: Concealer! Concealer is used to correct any blemishes and pimples. It's also used to remove your under eye dark circles. Under your eyes apply concealer in a V shape and blend, using your fingers, brush or a sponge. On blemishes and spots just dab a small amount of concealer and pat. Its best to use your fingers as the heat helps blend the concealer.

Step 5: Foundation! Choose the foundation that best matches your skin tone. Apply it along all your face and blend it using a brush, sponge or your fingers. Remember to keep it even to ensure a flawless and natural finish. Also, blend down your neck to keep an even skin tone.

Step 6: Highlighter and bronzer! This step is not necessary, it helps your face look more sculpted and defined. The bronzer should be a few shades darker than your skin tone ( the darker the more intense the contour will be). The highlighter should be lighter than your natural skin tone. Apply the bronzer along the hollows of your cheekbones (don't go to far down to your lips, especially if you want a natural look). You can also bronze a little around your face, jawline, hairline and the sides of your nose to make it slimmer and more defined. Highlight under your eyes, the bridge of your nose, chin, cupids bow and middle of your forehead.

Step 7: Powder! Powder helps to give you a more matte looking finish and helps set your makeup helping it last longer. I recommend you use powder if you have oily skin as it will control the oil. You can choose a coloured powder or translucent one. Pat all over your face focussing on your T-zone. Don't rub your powder as you'll remove and move around the smooth application of your foundation.

Step 8: Blusher! This will give your face some colour. Choose your colour blush and apply on the apples of your cheeks all the way back to your hairline. (It helps if you smile :).

Step 9: Eyebrows! Filling in your brows helps them stand out from your makeup. For brows their are different types of products, pencil, powder and gels. Don't pick a shade too light nor to dark, its best the one that is closest to your hair colour. Apply it by just following the natural line of your brow.

Step 10: Shadow! First you need a base. You should use eyeshadow primer or a little concealer, but only a little otherwise your shadow will crease. If you are using foundation apply a little over your lid and that should keep your shadow in place. Apply your shadow along the whole of your eye lid. With a fluffy brush choose a darker colour and apply that to your crease (will make your eyes pop!!). Remember to blend, you don't want any harsh lines. Choose a light colour (white or shimmery) and place it in the inner corner of your eyes (makes your eyes appear brighter) and on you brow bone too.!

Step 11: Eye liner!! Choose your preferred liner (gel, pencil, liquid, felt tip) and line the top of your lid above your lashes. You can wing it for a more dramatic look.

Step 12: Mascara!! First curl your lashes. Then apply your mascara. I recommend you choose a water proof mascara especially if you have flat lashes, it helps hold the curl of your lashes longer. Before the first coat dries apply a second coat if needed.

Step 13: Liner, lipstick, gloss!! This is my favourite part of doing my makeup. With your lips you can use any colour you want. Mix and match colours based on your eye look, mood or outfit. First apply lip liner, line your lips and then blend the colour into your lips, this will help the lipstick or gloss last longer. Then apply your lipstick and gloss.

-Makeup is not a tool meant to make an ugly thing beautiful, it is to magnify the beauty that already exists-

I hope you liked this first chapter. Please comment on what you think so far and what sort of things you'd like me to include. Also if you have any questions or need advice feel free to leave it in the comments. :)
xox