Chapter 11

Vic's POV:

I was on my way to second period, Mr. Season's class and I was deep in thought about Kellin. I'm so worried about him. I took him straight to my house yesterday night. He slept in my bed while I slept in Mike's, but this morning, the bed was made and he was gone.

I tended his wounds as well. The bruises on his face, chest, arms, legs, stomach. The old scars and new cuts on his cheeks, lips, knees,

wrists.

My hatred for his father, once again, flared as I debated on whether or not I should go back to his house and finish what I started.

I know what I said to Vanessa about not saying anything but I'm not sure if I can take this. I passed him in the hall once and Kellin won't even look at me, let alone talk to me. Maybe I should-

"Hey! What's up, babe? I missed you!" A tall brunette boy walked up to my side and threw his arm around my shoulder as he continued to walk me down the hall. He had a nose ring, a smile to die for, and a leather jacket to boot. Damn he was hot.

And that just barely audible scratch to his voice was really cute. I'll have to admit.

"Umm, hey?" I mentally slapped myself for the awkwardness seeping out of my voice. It came out more questioning rather than greeting. But what was it supposed to sound like, considering I've never seen this boy in my entire life.

"I don't think I've ev-"

"Oh, I've just missed you so much!" He leaned down and nuzzled his nose into my neck like that one couple-y type couple thing that couples do.

This is weird. I don't think I like this. I don't like this at all.

It tickles.

"Look, babe. I'm just going to-" I started to turn around but he flipped us so my back was pressed against the lockers and no one could see our faces.

"Please just go along with this. You were the only one walking alone that I haven't seen around before. By the way, are you a new student? Nevermind. I'll get to that later. Just pretend we're dating and that I'm your boyfriend visiting you while your at school or whatever. But I beg you, just go with it."

He looked me directly in the eyes and I could see how much he wanted, almost felt like needed, this to happen. I was starting to think something is definitely going on here, but he sounds way too desperate to be playing a prank on me.

I decided to "just go with it."

I grabbed his hands and laced his fingers with mine. I stretched up onto my toes, still only being able to reach him because he was leaning down towards me. Nudging our noses together, forcing the best possible giggle that sounded quite genuine, I could physically feel him relax against me as he figured out what I was doing.

"I just... really missed you." I said and looked into his eyes to really sell it.

He looked into mine and I swear the world dropped away. Light brown with that tiny ring of something you can never place. It's not on the color spectrum. It's something all in itself.

And then I saw a flash of something else. Something you can place but you just don't want to. Something I was in denial about. Something dangerous.

We both looked down at the ground because, I don't know, maybe he witnessed the fear swimming in mine. All the same, our moment had passed.

He leaned down and kissed my neck. Nosing it as well.