[-23]

Soobin's Birthday special~

•°-×××××-°•

"Soobin-ssi."

The boy who still asleep now trying to open his eyes because of the knock and call on his door. He stayed for a few seconds before humming, answering the call.

"Can I come in?"

It was one of the maid. Soobin tried to wake up, he was still half awake, but answering the maid with slightly hoarse and deeper voice, "yes."

When the door opened, the maid wasn't alone. She was with Eunji, the old lady maid, his chauffeur, and some of other workers at his house. The maid who knocked, Hana, stood in front of Eunji, and when the door opened, they smiled to Soobin brightly and Hana moved slightly to the side, showing that Eunji brought something on her hands, a cake.

Then the chauffeur took a party popper and blew it up, made the confetti to fly high in the room with a loud 'pop' sound.

"Happy birthday, Soobin-ssi."

Soobin who was still half awake slightly jumped because of the loud sound from the party popper, and tried to see them clearly now, and smiled in relief and felt happy.

"Thank you so much," he said with a smile still showed on his face, "should you all do this every year? Let me guess, ahjooma, you're the one who planned this, am I correct?" Soobin looked at Eunji with a smirk, already knowing who would plan this kind of thing.

Eunji, the maid who brought the cake just smiled and giggled before answering, "well, this is the least we can do for you, Soobin-ssi. Besides, I know you won't remember that today is your birthday." She took out the lighter and lit the candle at the top of the cake, then proceed to the bed, walking closer to him, "make a wish," she said with a loving smile.

He brought up his hands to the front of his face, clasped it together and closed his eyes, making a wish. He didn't wish much, just wanted his parents to say a happy birthday to him except just the money and expensive stuff he received every year. Just as simple as that, he didn't want anything.

Suddenly he remembered the grim reaper, he didn't know why but he wished Yeonjun could be there, accompanied him on his birthday. It made him closed his eyes a little bit longer, thinking about the grim reaper that he told to just never appear again yesterday, but now he just indirectly wished for him to appear on his birthday.

A few seconds after, he opened his eyes again. And Yeonjun was there, in front of him, looking at him as usual.

Soobin's eyes immidiately looked back at him, got the grim reaper surprised because the boy could see him. Soobin gazed back to the cake in front of his face again and blew the candle lightly, and the clapping sound came from all people at the room.

"Okay, since you're just awake, now we will leave you alone to wash up. I'll prepare the breakfast. You have class today, Soobin-ssi?" Eunji said, placing the cake on the coffee table at the left side of the room.

Soobin nodded, "I think I'll got some rest today, so I'm not going to uni. Take some rest too, ahjussi," he said with a smile to the chauffeur.

"Oh my, Soobin-ssi, I took too much rest here, I'm just escorting you and you're not going anywhere except the campus." The chauffeur looked at Soobin pretending to be sulked, "just tell me where you wanna go today, I promise I'll not tell your parents."

The boy giggled, "okay, I have to go out for awhile I guess," he got up from his position on the headrest, "thank you so much for all," he said and smiling sincerely to them.