three.

Camila leaned against the counter in Ally's bathroom. Norah and Jade crowded around the mirror, helping Ally with her hair and makeup for tonight.

Camila had already gotten ready, showering long enough to scrub numb of any bitter feelings she had. She then got dressed, putting on her favorite rose gold dress. It was so different than the blue one she'd have to wear to match with the others tomorrow, but she didn't mind standing out to someone specific.

She kept catching Ally's eye in the mirror as Jade did her hair. She would Camila an almost regretful, yet patronizing pout and Camila decided to clear the air before dinner.

"I'm not upset. I honestly don't care about Matt." She crossed her arms, glancing away when they all looked over. "It's fine, as long as he doesn't bother me. I just wish you would have told me before, is all."

She knew that wasn't really true, it still did bother her that he'd be there. Even if she could successfully avoid talking to him, he'd still be in the room with her. He'd be able to look at her, lock eyes with her, and try and smile at her.

And he'd see her around Shawn, the very thought of which made her stomach twist. Matt had always been possessive when they were together, and Camila didn't put it past him to try something if he sensed something between her and Shawn. She wasn't afraid of Matt anymore, though. It would just be so fucking inconvenient. Luckily, she trusted Shawn not to fall for any of Matt's crap.

"Almost done." Jade reached for a can of hair spray by the sink.

Camila stepped back away from the cloud as she sprayed Ally's hair. Camila took her phone out and checked her checklist one last time, but everything had already been done. She tapped her foot nervously, smiling when Ally finally stood up, her off-white dress hinting at bridal status.

"You look so gorgeous!" Norah clapped.

"Aw, so do you guys!" Ally grinned. "I can't believe this is my last night being single—I can't believe I just realized it is!"

Camila felt a slight pang, a reminder of the thing that separated her from her friends. They all fawned a bit over Ally, Jade handing her a wad of toilet paper when she threatened to tear up and ruin her makeup. Camila just stood there, overly aware of the glinting rings on her friends' fingers.

"Ugh, sorry for all the emotion!" Ally tossed her tissue and laughed. "I'll save all the real crying for tomorrow, I swear. Let's go."

Camila forced her smile back on and followed the others downstairs. Maybe it was silly and so very high school, but Camila let herself think about Shawn, remembering the afternoon with him as they rode the elevators down.

The event room was no longer empty and messy. The few hours had transformed it into a beautiful dining room. The tables were all pushed together, a long row covered in gold and white cloth and bundles of lilies.

Camila stepped in, immediately within the crowds and conversation of well-dressed guests. Everyone was wearing formal clothes, but without the dress code of the actual wedding, there was still a casual air about it.

Everyone's eyes were on them, people greeting Ally as she seemed to float towards Connor, and he took her hand. Glad that everyone was distracted by the bride and groom, Camila let her gaze sweep over one.

She spotted Shawn first, unable to stop a loopy smile from spreading over her face. He'd seemed to have embraced both the formal and casual sides of the attire at once. He was wearing suit trousers and jacket, but had already taken off his tie, his collar open. His hair was also brushed for the first time Camila had ever seen.