05: Kid Michael

"Wait, are you a groupie?"

* * *

I took an immediate u-turn and ran as fast as I could. The female police officer was now with other officers and they ran after me, screaming at the top of their lungs. "Stop!"

This wasn't my first time being chased by the police but hell, this was 1969. I didn't know what to do, and I didn't know the place so I basically had no idea where to escape and I looked around, desperately looking for an immediate exit.

"Get out of the way!"

I got Gram's phone from my pocket and called her as I ran, bumping to people. I saw a hallway and ran towards it, the phone pressed against my ear. Come on, answer it!

"'Sup, gal?"

"HELP ME!"

I heard a whistle at the background along with the shouts coming from the officers behind me. People looked at me as I ran and I was thankful that no one dared to block my way.

"I am being chased by the police!"

"What?" She was obviously not happy about it. "This is your first day as an agent and you're getting arrested already? What did you do?"

"Doesn't matter, just take me back right now!"

"I can't, I told you that's not how it works, gal. The universe wont let me."

I realized that this was really a huge trouble because I could hear the frustration in the old woman's voice. I was catching my breath when I got to a silent corridor, and I leaned my back to the wall. I thought I lost the police. "W-what should I do?!"

"Don't get arrested," she said. "You need to have an interaction with Michael Jackson so I could take you back. I'm tellin' ya, you better find the kid right now."

"Can you just--just help me? I don't know what to do!"

"Oh, no, no. That's not how it works, gal," she said. "I told you, you're on your own."

I heaved a deep sigh in frustration. I looked around me, the phone still on my ear. The place was silent and I couldn't see anyone walking around here. I didn't even know where I was. I could still hear the noise coming from the main hall so I guess I just have to follow the sound so I could go to the backstage and meet the kid.

"Still there, gal?"

"Yeah," I answered. "Look, if you can't help me, just stay on the line. I need someone to talk to through this."

I stood up, carefully feeling the surrounding. I just need to fucking have an interaction with the kid so I can finally go back. My only problem for now was the police.

Shit, I shouldn't have punched that officer in the face.

I heard her groaned from the other end of the line. "I was just about to meditate, gal--"

"I don't care, you dragged me into this so you'll help me," I said. "I will try finding the kid as soon as I can so please, just stay there. Just talk to me."

I started walking. I tried to walk as fast and as silent as I could because I didn't want the sound of my boots echoing in the silent hall. I was looking around, trying to sense if someone was nearby.

"Is the party over?" Grams said.

"Yeah, it just ended before the police started chasing me."

"What? It's over? And you haven't found the kid yet?"