07: Guardian Angel

"Do you live in heaven?"

* * *

"What the hell is wrong with you?!"

I was pissed. Literally pissed. What made me even more pissed was the fact that the damn old woman was just laughing at the other end of the line.

"I told you, you can't quit," she said in the middle of laughing. "Welcome back to 1969!"

I wanted to throw the damn phone on the ground. I wanted to scream. I wanted to punch Grams on the face. If it weren't for the kid standing few meters behind me, I would've gone berserk 'cause of frustration and anger.

I was back in 1969. Again.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves. "Take me back to the present. Right. Now."

My arms still had some grease because of working in the shop earlier. I felt dirty and tired, all I wanted was to take a short nap so I could freshen my head before I begin to fix the client's car again but the moment I closed my eyes, all I got was to be literally sent back to 1969.

"Grams, I'm begging you," I seriously said. "Take me back to 2009 right now!"

"You can't tell me what to do," she said, which made me clench my damn jaw because she was obviously mocking me. The old hag laughed again and I swear I've never felt so pissed in my whole life.

I swear I'm gonna fucking annihilate this old hag!

"How 'bout you spend time with kid Michael for a bit and do your mission?" she said with this annoying playful tone of hers. "If I were you, I' d have a good, good time."

"Grams--I literally was in the middle of work, are you kidding me?!" I said, my eyes wide. "Take me back! Didn't I quit already?! What the hell is wrong with you?!"

She laughed. "The Universe says no."

What the?! "I hate you! I seriously hate you, you damn old hag!"

"John Lennon loves you, gal," she said, still laughing.

I frowned. "W-what? John Lennon? What the fuck are you talking abou--"

"Right, I'll call you after a couple of hour. Spend time with kid Michael. Bye~"

"Wait, wait--"

And she dropped the call.

I groaned in frustration. Fuck the Universe! Fuck Grams! Fuck everything!

"Are you okay?"

When I heard the sweet little voice, that's when I realized that the kid was still here, standing few meters behind me. I took a deep breath before I turned to face him, putting Grams' phone in the back pocket of my jeans.

His big brown eyes were staring back at me intently, the same innocent eyes that stared at me just last night in Daisy's Disco. He was holding the soccer ball that hit my face earlier. He was saying sorry for accidentally hitting me but I had to stop him since Grams was calling so I told him to wait few meters away from me while I talk to Grams.