7.

15 minutes later, Theo whipped up some mac and cheese for Gracie. I promised her we can play after she finished all her food. She ate all her food ad cleaned up. She drags me to meet her toys and explains all her doll's names.

While playing princesses with Gracie, Theo washes and dries up and meets us in the living room.

"Hey." he nods.

"Hey." I look up.

"Thanks for staying and playing with Gracie. It makes my job easier." He lets out a light laugh.

"Oh, it's nothing. And how can I say no to puppy dog eyes?" I giggle. "Can I um ask you something?"

"Shoot." He sits on the couch.

"Why don't you want to be seen with me?"

He takes a moment to process my question. "Don't take it personally, it's not you. It's just that I have a reputation at school mostly inside my friend group. And if I'm seen with a nobody like you, no offense, I'll be the laughing stock for the whole week and will constantly be reminded that I was seen with that person." He tries to explain.

So basically, mr. cool guy and his friends don't like "nobodies" like me because it's humiliating? Totally not hurt.

"Wow. Ok then, I guess I'll try not to be seen around you." I try not to sound too hurt.

"Sorry." He says in a whisper.

I play with Gracie a bit more. "So, is Gracie your only sibling, or do you have more?" I change the topic, keeping my focus on the dolls.

"Uh yeah, just the one brat."

"Hey!" Gracie cuts in. I laugh.

"How about you? Any siblings?" I look up.

"Nope. Only child. I want a sibling though."

"Trust me, you don't." He laughs referring to Gracie. "What about the guy you always hang out with? I thought he was your sibling or something like that." His eyebrows knit together.

"Lucas? Oh no, I wish he was my sibling. He's my best friend." I nod slowly.

"Makes sense." He nods his head slowly too. I turn my attention back to the dolls. Theo's phone rings, breaking the silence.

"What do you want Lauren?" He walks up the stairs, leaving me and Gracie alone.

"I think that's his girlfriend. But I don't think T likes her that much." Gracie whispers. Man, kids will say anything these days.

"Yea, it doesn't sound like it either." I try not to snoop in his love life and continue to play princesses.

Theo walks back down the stairs. He looks a little tenser and frustrated than he did when he walked up the stairs.

"Sorry about that." He clears his throat.

"It's fine. I should probably get going." I start getting up.

"Yeah, um yeah, ok. Gracie say goodbye to Athena." She waves bye and I get my backpack.

"Before you go, we should probably have each other's number you know for the whole "tutoring escape plan" thing." He stares.

"Yeah, totally." We exchange numbers and he leads me out the door.

"I didn't mean all that stuff I said earlier. I can walk you back if you want." He gives me an apologetic smile.

"Oh no, it's cool I mean you're an ass but it's fine. And thank but it's okay, I can walk back by myself." I let out a laugh.

"Ok, well thanks again." I nod and wave goodbye. He closes the door.

What a day!

Hope you guys are enjoying it so far!