🪓The Portal(Fortnite x Minecraft)⛏️

Requested by chickeninanoven
I was listening to Kai Engel at the time.
Type: Angst (the first one!)
547 words

This morning, I woke up and heard some weird sounds outside the house. I don't remember what it was, but it sounded very familiar. I got up and checked around the house. Everyone was still asleep. Of course they would be, it's only 4 am! As I walked around, the sound got either louder or quieter. I went into the room where the sound was loudest, which was the kitchen, and saw a nether portal. Why would Minecraft build nether portal at 4 am? That's very weird of him.
I only knew a little bit about the nether. I don't know how it was like today, but I knew I had to be prepared. I looked through Minecraft's room to see if he had any extra stuff. He had left his gold armor (someone took his diamond armor on Tuesday) and gold tools here. Maybe he forgot it? I took all of it and put it on. Good thing the boots had fire resistance.
I went outside, with the moon still shining in the night. I only know that there are zombie pigmen and fire on the other side of that portal, but I knew I had to find Minecraft. He might be stuck in there forever.
I jumped inside and waited for all the weird sounds of the portal to go away. Before I knew it, I was in the nether.
"Minecraft?" I called out for him.
There was no answer. Only the weird sounds of the zombies.
I walked around and expected the pigmen to attack me, but there was nothing. They just kept walking around.
"Minecraft?" I called again.
Nothing.
A ghast came out of nowhere. Right. I forgot about those.
"RUN!" I yelled, feeling like Minecraft could somehow hear me.
I ran across the netherrack as fast as I could. At some point, I couldn't run anymore because I saw the familiar face on the ground.
"Minecraft! What are you doing here, it's dangerous!"
"Nothing. I like it here."
He didn't seem very happy. He looked hurt, too.
"Do you need help? What's wrong?" I asked.
I saw that the ghast was catching up a little bit.
"Come on! We gotta go!"
"I can't." He replied.
"Why not? A ghast is chasing us and we're almost about to die!"
"Great. It'd be better if everyone forgot me."
"Wh-what!?"
I didn't expect Minecraft to be this way. He was always happy and excited with whatever he's doing.
"Fortnite, every game is dying. Even you are. But I suppose that I'll have to go first."
I didn't want to believe that. "No! You're just as loved as everyone else is! You don't have to go just because no one likes you anymore."
"Sorry, it's what they asked for."
"Here, let me help you."
"No, it's too late. The ghast is already behind us."
I looked behind me. Minecraft was right.
"We're not going to make it out of the nether alive." He said. "Your armor doesn't have enough durability. I guess this is goodbye."
"Minecraft, I can still save you!"
I carried Minecraft on my back. I moved slowly through the nether, trying to run from the ghast. But it was too late. I saw two flashes of light, and nothing else.

(A/N: I don't know why it was pretty short, but I thought I did pretty good with this one.)