In the Beginning

A book opens...

"Once upon a time, down in the deep blue sea, in a special conch shell lived the most exuberant creatures in the whole ocean; The Techno Trolls."

The Techno Trolls are living happily within the giant conch shell.

"They loved nothing more than to rave, and dance, and sing. Dance, and sing, and rave, and rave, and dance, and sing, anddanceandraveandsinganddanceandrave..."

A Techno Troll collapsed from exhaustion.

"But then, one day, the Techno Trolls were discovered by...a Sharkanian."

A fearsome creature that was half-man, half-shark discovered the Techno Trolls with a fearsome look on his face.

"The Sharkanians didn't know how to sing..."

They sang off-key.

"...or dance..."

They punched each other.

"...or even rave."

They battled with tritons.

"They were the most miserable creatures in all the sea."

Lightning struck them.

"And once they saw how happy the Techno Trolls were, they wanted some of that happiness for themselves."

A Techno Troll sang to the Sharkanian...before he was shoved into its mouth and swallowed.

The other Trolls gasped.

"Eating a Techno Troll made them feel so happy they started a tradition..."

The Techno Conch was set in a cage in the center of the Sharkanian kingdom, Shark City.

"Once a year, every year, the Sharkanians would gather around the Techno Conch to taste happiness...on a holiday...they called...

...Techquinox."

***

The little princess of the Sharkanians, Princess Freya, was quickly swimming to the room of her father, King Fang.

King Fang was fast asleep...then his daughter came in.

"Good morning, Daddy!"

Fang was still asleep.

"Daddy, wake up! Daddy! Wake up! Wake up, Daddy! Daddy! Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!"

He finally woke up when she poked him with his triton.

"Freya! What time is it?"

Freya excitedly answered, "It's...Techquinox!"

And with that, Fang and Freya burst out the castle's front door.

"Techquinox! Our one day to be happy!"

***

The other citizens of Shark City had gathered around the Techno Conch where the Techno Trolls lived.

"Give it up for the Keeper of the Techno Trolls! Your Minister of happiness! Your royal chef..."

Chef Flesher appeared.

"...me."

He used his triton to set up a small light show.

He then announced, "Today is a very special Techquinox as there is one amongst us who has yet to taste a Techno Troll."

Freya knew he was talking about her.

"Princess Freya..."

She got excited.