Chapter Seven

"Guess what guys?" Fresia plugged her ear buds into her ears at the sound of the excited RA. As she flipped through her Ap Charms book, she felt somebody yank the ear bud out. "Fresia, you need to listen too." With a baleful glare and a dramatic flourish, Fresia paused her music. "We are having movie night! With the help of the Ruins nerds," She gestured to a group of Emo kids. "I have charmed the dorm so that nobody can go in or out." She smiled perkily. "I employed the Aepa Quodpot team to set up a dinner buffet, and the Muggle Studies people set up a TV and the absolute best Disney film. And cue the movie." The sound of the Disney intro rose up out of the television. Her eyes widened at the realization that she wouldn't be able to go to the library until a host of chipper animated characters ran out of topics to sing about. She looked around frantically, of course Kalle was no where to be seen. She spotted Oliver in the far corner and casually walked up to him.

"Oliver, can I talk to you for a minute?" All of his friends stopped talking and started snickering at him. As if he knew exactly how she felt, he flipped them off.

"What's up, legendary idiot?" He asked smiling.

"How do I get out?" She glared as he started to laugh.

"Get out of movie night? Not telllllling." He taunted.

"You're useless." He shot her a lopsided grin.

"You're hurting my feelings." When she didn't smile, he rolled his eyes. "Fine. There's a window on the third floor men's bathroom that I threatened to blast the ruins kid's face off if he cursed it." Fresia wrinkled her nose.

"But what if people are using it?" He shrugged.

"I guess that's an occupational hazard of being a total kill joy." He poked her shoulder to get her quickly drifting attention. "But seriously, the Academy isn't sunshine and flowers, there's some pretty f'd up stuff here, watch your back." He warned cryptically before walking back over to his friends. She slowly made her way up to the third floor and lurked outside the bathroom door. Crossing her fingers, she pushed open the door.

"What the hell!"

"Get out!"

"This is the men's room!" Heavenleigh Falkirk, your theory on the magical properties of finger crossing is 100% incorrect. Fresia thought as she quickly covered her eyes and hurried to the window as the three boys hurriedly pulled up their pants.

"I'm so sorry!" She said as she pushed open the window. She felt her stomach plummet as she looked at the dizzying drop.

"Scalos!" Fresia said loudly, and watched as a spiral staircase grew from the ground. "See you later!" She said with a wave to the dumbfounded guys as she climbed down the staircase. "Now, where is the library?" She muttered to herself.

As soon as her feet touched the ground she took off running in what she hoped was the right direction. As she started to slow down, she glanced around frenetically. She could have sworn she heard footsteps behind her, but now all she could hear was her own heavy breathing. Even the crickets were silent.

"Jeez, I need to get in shape." She wheezed. But her wheezes became a sigh of relief as she saw the library come into view. She hurried up the stone steps and past the stone pillars towards the door.

"Damn it." She muttered as she tried to pull open the heavy wooden doors. They were locked. "alohamora." She hissed, but the lock remained firmly just that; locked. "Open up damn it." She cursed under her breath. She took a step back and looked at the building, trying to find something, anything that could let her in. She bit her lip, and steeled her resolve.

"I swear to god if I get cursed for this I'm going to kill someone." She muttered as she pulled two bobby pins out of her hair and bent down next to the lock.