Finals Time

Finals.

The time of the year at Kunugigaoka where everyone, went crazy. That stood doubly sure for Korosensei.

In an attempt to prepare E Class for finals and ensure that they would take top marks, Korosensei pulled out all of the stops. He increased the amount of study time, spending hours drilling the class over their weak points. He even took into account Asura's comfortability in the forest, holding several study sessions there to help the girl feel more at ease. It was during one of these study halls that Asura found herself outside with her classmates, running through reading comprehension flash cards with a duplicate of Korosensei.

"Throughout this semester, you've all gotten a strong grasp of the basics. At this rate, you can expect your grades on the finals to jump considerably." Korosensei told the class.

"Korosensei, are we all aiming to get into the top fifty again this time?" Nagisa asked.

"Nope. Last time, sensei was only worrying about your composite scores. Each student should have a goal suited to him or herself. So, this time, I have created the perfect objective for this assassination classroom!" Korosensei replied.

When the students merely gave each other questioning and somewhat concerned looks, Korosensei hurried to assure them.

"D-don't worry! It's an objective that will even give Terasaka-kun an opportunity! Now then, as Shiro-san previously mentioned, losing tentacles makes me move slower." Here, Korosensei picked up one of their guns and shot off one of his legs. "Even if they're only decreased by one, it has a clear effect. Take a look, if you would. I am unable to maintain all of my duplicates so there end up being some child-sized ones mixed in."

Asura blinked as a few of the duplicates in front of her suddenly shrank. Taking the gun in hand again, Korosensei shot off another tentacle.

"Furthermore, when the number is decreased by one more, take a look. The child duplicates increased all the more...and the parent duplicates worry over how their household will manage." Here, Asura had to frown at the scene Korosensei presented them with. "Decrease it by yet another and the father duplicate vanishes into thin air. The mother duplicate is then forced to both work and raised the children by herself."

There was only so much of Korosensei's childishness that Asura could stand in one conversation before it just became tiring. At the moment, it was becoming extremely tiring to watch his duplicates as they lived out some pitiful tale of a family falling apart. She didn't really need that added onto her day. Korosensei realized that the look in Asura's face had gone sour realizing that he had joked about something that had actually happened to Asura, as he took the hint and carried on.

"I've tested it a variety of ways, and this is the result. Each tentacle loss reduces my movements about twenty percent! And that brings us back to your tests." Korosensei said, continuing on. "Last time, you were assessed by your composite score, but this time, you will all be evaluated by your strongest subject, as well. On the return of your exam papers, I will allow you to destroy one tentacle for each subject where you score the top in your grade."

Now that was a prize that could bait any of them into giving their all in the exams. Even Asura's full attention was captured.

"I'm sure you can see that this is a huge opportunity for you. If you take the top spots in composite score and all five subjects, you'll be able to destroy six tentacles. This is our assassination classroom's end-of-term exam. Whether this will bring you all closer to the reward of ten billion is dependent on your results." Korosensei told them all, calling their study hall to an end.

Gathering her things, Asura joined Karma and Nagisa in heading inside. Even Okuda was excited, the girl unable to hide her high spirits.

"You're unusually fired up over this, huh, Okuda." Karma remarked.