Chapter 3: Only Talented People Can be Shameless

The world I was reincarnated into was the world in the book 'Eternal Glory.'

This world is called Lorenz and the setting of the majority of the story is the Vincentius Empire.

I'm currently Takagi Inari, the 14th prince of the empire and also the main character of the story. Meanwhile, that pig from earlier is Harrison Vincentius, the 12th prince, and regrettably my half-brother.

My surname, Takagi, comes from my mother actually. She hails from an eastern country and that's also why I said my surname before my first name, despite this world having a western type of setting. Though, I'm also just used to doing that. Anyway, she ended up getting pregnant with me during her visit here. However, she died a few years after giving birth to me, yadda yadda yadda. It's the usual backstory for the main character.

I kept my mother's maiden name because I'm pretty much a prince in name only. I think I talked about this before, but maybe not, who cares.

Takagi Inari is known as the trash of his family because he's weak and inferior to all his siblings when it comes to strength or his studies. Not to mention, his mother wasn't technically of royal blood, so he was looked down on for having commoner blood.

Now with the basics of the story laid out, the turning point for the main character was during his 17th birthday when he found a memento left by his mother to him. It was a book that was old and tattered. However, once he opened it, he was able to learn all kinds of techniques and was able to brandish his own type of power, even if he didn't have an ounce of mana in his body.

At first, when I read this story, I thought maybe the author was going for a kind of wuxia approach, with martial arts and cultivation. However, as I continued reading, I realized the author had no idea how to actually write a story like that, so they ended up just making up their own system of techniques and magic from god knows where! At first, I was turned off by how much of a mess it was at first, but it was pretty entertaining seeing them struggle and continue polishing it so it became a coherent power system.

Anyway, with his new powers, he got revenge on all the people that wronged him in the past. He also helped people along the way with a secret identity. He was called Kitsune because of the fox mask he wore when fighting. However, he never ever revealed it was actually him underneath the mask!

Do you know how irritating it is to read over 2000 chapters of the main character being constantly trash-talked and kicked around, especially when they have your same face and name?! He only ever got revenge in the shadows, when he could've really just punched them!

He had a bullshit excuse of 'I have to get strong enough before I reveal myself' or 'what I do isn't for recognition, I just can't allow for such injustice to happen in front of me!'

Like, no! Stop it! Legit, you're like the strongest person in that world by now! What are you gonna fight in the end?! A nuke?! Are you preparing against a nuke?! Cause that's the only thing that could stop you at that point!

It was so frustrating and I actually never got to see his identity revealed, even after I had died!

Anyway, I'm now in the body of that idiot. I've also experienced 15 long years' worth of humiliation, abuse, and mocking because of how the original Inari acted in the original story during the autopilot.

Now then, my name is Takagi Inari.

There is no way I could call myself a Takagi if I let any one of these bastards get away with what they did, and not even take credit for it myself! The best way revenge is served is by shoving it into your enemy's face and then mocking them!

My family has always taught me that if I was ever wronged, just slap their face in front of a whole audience!

Since I'm the op protagonist, why would I have to hide anything?!

Hurrah for shamelessness!