Prologue

I detest it. The idea that my life can be simply controlled by a mere stranger. What did I ever do to deserve such a future? I did everything I was told whether it be good or bad without even muttering a single 'no' but I guess that was never enough for them.

I respected them and gave them my complete attention and trust in hopes of one day returning it back when I get back my family's glory. But it didn't go the way I wanted it to. I was simply deprived of all of my hopes for the future when I was forced to throw away my family's name and become a bourgeois instead.

"Remember, from this day on, you are my daughter."

"Yes sir." I bowed down to my newly appointed Father.

"It's not sir, call me Father from now on. What did I just tell you?!" He said annoyedly.

I turned to look at his daughter who had her arms crossed and huffed in annoyance not liking one bit what was happening infront of her.

"Yes Father!"

On that same day when I got adopted was when I also got abandoned to marry the cursed demon.

It all started when some of the noble families came up with a game where the loser would marry his daughter off to the demon. The so-called demon was someone who was hated by everyone within our empire. You might ask why and the answer would be he is a person who brings calamity to whoever is close to him. Consequently, André Bourgeois lost the bet. He did not want to send his daughter to her death and instead decided to adopt me; a maid working under him and let me marry him instead. Despite having no choice but to accept I still tried till the very last minute before I became a bourgeois, I was put back in my place due to living under their roof and them feeding me.

It made me realize that, that hopeless dream of mine was never bound to happen the moment I lost everything. I was to be known from now on as the lady who married the demon, Adrien Agreste.

Hello guys,
Yup, I'm back with a new book! As you probably have seen on the description of this book, the plot idea and the book cover were done by SonamysUnivers . I am absolutely in love with the book cover that I was contemplating for the past 10 days of whether I should start publishing or not but I decided that it would be better to publish the book by the start of the new year.

I would love to hear your feedbacks about the prologue.

Oh so the plan for this book is most like an update once (or twice) a week not sure yet! But for sure every week there will be a new chapter unless I have exams and don't have time to write. If that happens, then I will just post 2-3 chapter that I have missed during these weeks.

I hope you have read all of this and sorry that it was so long!

One last thing, Happy New Year everyone!!!

May this year be a whole lot better than 2020!