03 | the party

"i hate you and i hate this party." doyoung huffed as jisoo dragged him into the crowded house.

doyoung knew he was getting himself in trouble when he heard the music from the house a few blocks away.

seriously, how do parents allow this kind of behavior from their children?

"no you don't!" jisoo turned to him, shouting due to the loud music in the house. doyoung understood the songs were from a kpop group called nct.

he found them awesome. there was a member called dongyoung in that group and doyoung found him cool.

currently, chain was blasting from the speakers.

(chain! reActIon! bbrrAAhh! (enter incomprehensible noises and korean words.
but still, chain slApS 😌)

doyoung found his legs hitting the couch, situated on the end of the room, and jisoo leaned towards him.

"wait here! i'll go find the others. i think i saw the girls." doyoung flashed her a thumbs up and told her to be careful, making her smile and nod and then he was alone.

he scanned his surroundings, closing his eyes as they immediately came across a couple almost fucking on the floor.

"god. what are rooms for?"

he leaned towards the table in front of him, eyes looking into that red plastic cup to see if it was water, and he leaned back when it wasn't. it smelled fruity. maybe it was fruit punch. not alcoholic, but still, doyoung saw nothing wrong in being careful.

and on the other side of the room, jaehyun had his eyes on the elder, and almost puked when winwin and yuta came into his view.

"yuta, stop fucking grinding on winwin. he isn't that minion from disneyland."

"oh fuck you jung that was one time!" yuta glared at him.

jaehyun put his cup down and grabbed two water bottles, when doyoung started coughing after smelling the fruit punch for too long.

it definitely was mixed with some kind of alcohol.

"that's my cue guys. wish me luck." jaehyun squeezed the water bottles, biting his lip in anxiousness.

"hope you trip and doyoung sees your 'farting is just my way of saying i love you' boxers." yuta smiled at him sweetly, and hissed when winwin pinched him.

"what?! he made fun of me-"

jaehyun rolled his eyes at his best friends, before making his way slowly towards doyoung, his friends voices fading away into the distance.

"here." jaehyun cleared his throat, standing beside the couch, and he gulped when doyoung looked up at him and then at the water bottle.

hearing no kind of response, jaehyun sighed and sat in front of doyoung, placing the water bottle in front of him.

"i promise it's only water." jaehyun watched doyoung's sharp and skeptical eyes run over him, and he thanked god in his mind when the elder found nothing fishy and took the bottle.

opening the cap and after taking a big satisfying gulp of cool water, doyoung once again scanned his surroundings, to see if anyone had seen him with jaehyun.

"why are you here?" doyoung asked him once he saw nothing wrong.

"i think you know why." jaehyun answered as calmly as possible.

"look jaehyun-"

"doyoung. please. i...i love her. very very much." doyoung looked over at where jaehyun was looking, and he gasped silently when he found jisoo standing there, laughing with her friends.

doyoung knew the boy was so crazily in love with her just by the way he looked at her.

"look, let me explain. please. let's talk outside yeah? i'll make you understand." doyoung almost felt sorry for the way jaehyun was begging him.

his genuine expressions caught doyoung off guard, because the boy has never seen any of jisoo's fanboys beg him this much just for the sake of jisoo.

he watched as jaehyun got up,  extracted his hand towards him, and then gestured to the empty and calm balcony outside.

doyoung didn't know if it was a bad idea or not, but by trusting his instincts, he took jaehyun's hand and followed him outside.

they both paused for a while, waiting for the other people to go away to give them a lot of time and privacy to talk, and jaehyun sighed when the last student left the balcony.

"i'll get us something to drink. no alcohol of course." jaehyun said and left doyoung there, and in a few minutes, he was back with two cans of sprite.

doyoung took one, holding it in both of his hands, and he opened the can, some sprite falling down his hands.

he shook his hands dry, before turning to the younger.

"talk."