05 | english 101

"firstly, she hates boys who are full of himself. see bob there?" doyoung pointed at bob, and jaehyun turned confused when bob was kissing his reflection in the small compact mirror.

the smooching sounds turned up more, and jaehyun wanted nothing more than to break that compact mirror.

(wish i had the confidence bob has
😔✊)

"exactly. you have to be humble, honest, brave and smart." jaehyun nodded as doyoung listed the traits jisoo liked the most, and he groaned when doyoung picked his pace up.

"can you walk slower please? you walk too fast even though you're short." doyoung raised his eyebrow.

"jisoo doesn't like people who make fun of her best friend's height."

"oh c'mon you just made that up didn't you?"

"fuck you jung. do you want me to help you or not?" doyoung said, making jaehyun nod.

"yes i do need your help."

"good. then listen to me. she has english 101 now. what class do you have?"

"english 101 too."

"nice. you can speak good english right?"

"yes. i lived in america for four years man!"

"i don't care. jisoo on the other hand, she may need help with her english, so what i want you to do is, go to class now, and sit beside her before anyone else does. that way, when she has a doubt, she'll ask you, and like that, you both can start talking more." doyoung said simply, making jaehyun's eyes widen.

"my god doyoung you're a fucking genius! thank you." he punched the elder's shoulders in a manly way, and before doyoung could protest, he was almost running towards english 101.

-

jaehyun entered the class, breathing deeply when he noticed that the class was almost empty, and his breath caught in his throat when he saw jisoo sitting there, books before her.

she leant forward to write something in her book, resulting in her smooth silky hair to fall in front of her face, and the way she put that little tendril of hair behind her ear with the utmost grace made jaehyun gulp.

this was it. he was going to talk to her, finally, after 2 years.

he slowly climbed up the wooden chairs, stopping where she was seated, and with making as less noise as possible, he sat on the chair beside hers.

you can do this jaehyun. you've been waiting for this.

"hello." he smiled as she lifted her head.

"hey." jisoo greeted him back, before going back to writing, probably yesterday's homework.

"what are you writing?" jaehyun asked, even though he knew what it was.

"english homework." she said with her deep beautiful voice.

"looks like you're stuck at this exercise. want me to help? mine's done." jaehyun smiled at her softly when she looked at him with wide beautiful eyes.

"really? you know english?"

"yeah. i lived in america until i was 12." he said, making her open her mouth.

"wow that's so cool!" she said, and jaehyun felt his ears turning red.

"well, what can i help with?" jaehyun asked, looking into her book. it seemed that she was working on the meanings part of the homework.

"i can't figure out what pul- pulc-"

"pulchritudinous?" jaehyun asked with a soft chuckle, finding the way she was trying to pronounce it very adorable.

"yeah. that. do you know what it means?" she asked, looking back into the book, and jaehyun breathed out silently. her side profile had him gasping for breath. lashes resting peacefully on her blushed cheeks, and her apricot colored lips being chewed on softly by her teeth. the hair framing her face made her look so much more breathtaking.

"it means..physically beautiful or attractive. it's an adjective." he said.

just like you.

"oh. so that's what it means. thank you so much jaehyun." she flashed a beautiful smile at him, one which he returned back without having to take a deep breath.

she knows my name?
she knows my name.
she knows my name!!

"your welcome."

their professor finally arrived, and jaehyun had to force himself to concentrate on the class rather than the beautiful girl beside him.