08 | without you

"that.. jaehyun guy seems like a nice guy doesn't he?" doyoung tried to ask jisoo, making it seem like he didn't care at all, when in reality, he did.

the boy took the ramen packet out, throwing the noodle cake and the spices in the pot with boiling water, taking hold of chopsticks and stirring the noodles and spices to soften it up.

"mmh." jisoo breathed deep in the delicious smell of the ramen, browsing through her phone, her long nails clicking on the screen being the only sound heard.

"so, what do you think of him?" the boy asked, bending down a little to adjust the heat.

"are you trying to set us up doie?" jisoo asked, phone falling into her lap, making him look up from his place behind the stovetop.

fuck. does she know?!

"what? no! i just asked cause you guys looked close and good together today."

"well, yeah. he's good as far as i know. he helped me with my english homework."

"that's good. good. so did you invite him to that party you're going to this saturday?"

"what do you mean by you're going to? you're coming with me babe." she winked at him, making him shake his head no.

"no no no. i already told you no. that last party we went to? remember? the one where you promised you'll be by my side but then disappeared for the rest of the night? yeah. that was the last one. i'm not coming to any party again. especially at lisa's." he said, making jisoo pout.

"but why?"

"because she'll try to set me up with her cousins." he frowned when he remembered the one time she had locked him and one of her cousins in a room together, and he didn't understand one bit of her thai. so the only think he could do was nod or say yes and turns out he has said yes to buying her all the got7 albums she wanted.

"that was epic. c'mon. admit it."

"if you think that then yes. it was epic. but no. i'm not wasting my time in another party. i could use that time to gain more knowledge."

"look at me." he looked at her, squinting his eyes when he saw her mischievous eyes.

"what do you have up your sleeve now?"

"you come to the party, i'll give jaehyun a chance."

"n-wait what?"

"yes." she hummed, feeling proud of herself.

"really?"

"really. and an another offer for you. you survive that party without me, i will go on a date with jaehyun."

doyoung's mouth dropped open at those words.

"so let me get this straight. i don't stick with you for that party, and you'll go on a date with him?"

"yes. and besides, just like you said, he seems like a good guy. he's the only one after jin who didn't try to get between my legs. they both did make an effort to get to know the real me." she turned sad after those words, and doyoung, realizing that his best friend needed to be comforted, turned off the stove and sat beside her on the couch.

"come here." jisoo stopped fidgeting with her fingers, and buried herself in doyoung's arms, head resting on his chest, his fingers running through her hair.

"it'll be okay. i promise. he's a good guy. and i know that from the way he looks at you. just, don't let someone change you the way you are okay? if he really likes you, he will like the real you." doyoung explained to her, voice so soft, and jisoo couldn't believe she was so lucky to have him as her best friend.

"what would i do without you?" she murmured, almost dozing off in his chest.

"i have no idea. but i don't know what i would do without you too."

he held her more tighter in his arms when she shivered, and before long, he let himself drift away to sleep too, the ramen on the stove long forgotten.