6||n i g h t m a r e s

Thursday, December 24th

"he's gone," was all she said, repeating the phrase over and over again. he was worried. who was gone?

Tommy lifted his hand, banging his fist against the door. he waited a few seconds and the door was being unlocked and opened by Wilbur. "Wilbur!" he shouted. "my friend! can I come in?"

"sure," he gestured for Tommy to follow, walking into his home. the blonde shut the door behind him. "whats up, Tommy?" he asked, taking Tommy up to his room. "I joined soccer, Wilbur! I joined the soccer team!" he shouted excitedly, closing the bedroom door. he hopped up on top of the dresser Wil had in his room, watching him climb on his bed. "that's so cool. why, though? I didn't think you liked sports,"

Tommy laughed a bit. "there's a guy in soccer. his names. Grayson I think, and I really wanna be his friend! he's a good player, man! and he's like-- really cool, I think," Wil nodded. "that's a good reason, Tommy. well, if you have any games, I'll be there to watch," he promised. the blonde couldn't stop himself from continuing to talk.

"Grayson has blonde hair, like me, Wil, he's blonde. I kind of wish he wasn't American, but for a school in Florida, I can't aim for much better, honestly." he finished with a scoff. "why aren't more Brits here, huh? what the fuck is that about?" he asked rhetorically.

Wil laughed. "Tommy, the only people from England flew here, the rest of the brits are in England," the blonde nearly growled. "I fuckin' hate some Americans. what's up with them?"

"you'll have to get used to Americans, they're everywhere. especially on the soccer team," Tommy hummed in disapproval, muttering something else that Wilbur couldn't make out. "okay, fine. my first game is in April, i think, Wil, I'm so fuckin excited!" he shouted, clenching his fists and grinning excitedly. he nearly jumped off of his spot on the dresser. "holy shit, that's pretty cool! you know I'm gonna be there cheering you on the entire time, if you want I can bring Schlatt and Dave and them," his heart nearly leapt out of his chest when he thought about spending time with the ram, any second he got to talk to him was purely euphoric.

he couldn't make this about himself, though. "Schlatt? oh! the fuckin' Russian, uh," Tommy had already thought Schlatt was a cool person. but he probably didn't think of Tommy as a cool person, especially if he saw him playing soccer. "you don't have to, if he wants to come he can."

🐝

Wil's hand ran against the wall, the only thing leading him to the bathroom in the dark.

he was scared of the dark. not in the kind of way that he needed light in his room, or he thought it'd eat him up, swallow him whole. it was the unreasonable thoughts that got him, kept him up at night.

thoughts that his ankles could be grabbed or something would push him down a flight of stairs, those kinds. he knew he'd never have his arms yanked or hands cut off, they just lingered in the back of his mind. not being able to see what was happening around him was the worst part that fueled his fear.

he knew he'd never get grabbed.

his mothers voice was heard. she wasn't speaking. she was sobbing, softly.

"he's gone," was all she said, repeating the phrase over and over again. he was worried. who was gone?

right as he took a step to go see his mom all of his fears became real. because the second he felt hands wrap around his ankles, he knew his life was gonna end. he'd fallen, beginning to get dragged. no matter how much he kicked and fought for freedom, he was pulled further and further down the never-ending hallway.