Initiation

Y/n is in the locker room putting on his gear which consists of black combat boots, black jeans with knee pads, a metal chest plate, a brown leather jacket, a pair of metal gauntlets with grey fingerless gloves, his red face mask, and his sword and pistols. As he had finished getting ready when he heard a familiar voice once again.

Ruby: "I'm so excited. No people bothering me, and no social interactions. For once I get to let my sweetheart do the talking."

Y/n: "I'm still worried."

Ruby: "You don't have to worry! I told you I can do this."

Y/n: *sigh*"I can't stop you even if I wanted to."

Yang: "And besides you would have to take down both of us"

Y/n: "It would definitely be a challenge."

Yang: Well back to what I was saying Ruby if you're going to make it through your time at Beacon you're going to need a team.

This surprised Y/n leaving him annoyed.

Y/n: "Damn."

Yang then looks at him with a confused expression on her face.

Yang: "What's got you bent out of shape."

Y/n: "I prefer to work alone so no one gets in my way."

Yang: "Ok lone wolf."

Y/n looks at her annoyed as the voice of Glynda Goodwitch is heard over the school intercom.

Glynda: "Would all first-year students please report to Beacon Cliff for initiation? Again, all first-year students report to Beacon Cliff immediately."

They all leave the locker room and arrive at the cliffs as Professor Ozpin and Goodwitch Begin to explain the task at hand.

Ozpin: For years you have trained to become warriors. And today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest."

Glynda: "Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of teams. Well allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates... Today."

Ruby: "What?"

Y/n: "Well, shit."

Ozpin: "These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you work can work well. Now with that being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years."

Ruby: "What?!?"

Ozpin: "After you've partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. So do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path, or you will die."

Y/n: "(This guy might just be my next target.)"

Ozpin: "Now you will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one, and return to the top of the cliff. We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?"

Boy: "Yeah, um, sir-"

Ozpin: "Good! Now, take your positions."

As the students are being launched into the air Y/n readies, he launches into the forest with everyone else.

Y/n made his way through the sky casually dodging trees from left to right. He then lands on one of the branches then begins to hop from branch to branch. He then lands on solid ground and makes his way to the temple. Y/n then finds himself in a clearing and immediately knows someone or something is watching him.