Chapter 29

I was really happy at the moment, I had put on a big smile on my face. Kriti looked more beautiful when she is jealous. I laughed at the fact that her face was so easy to read. As I walked ahead the network was back, like the woman informed me. I called Firoz back and asked about Tanya's well being, I was glad she was fine. Once I was done, I found Sonu standing near me.

“Varun sir, I have a really important thing to tell you.” He looked really serious at that moment. I never seen him like that, I nodded. He tried telling me something but he was too low, I couldn't hear him at all. He was continuously trying to tell me something but his voice was really low. Suddenly, my brain started to function properly, I understood his signal. I signalled him back, but that stupid didn't stop his action.

“What the hell is wrong with you. I'm done with you, I am going to sleep right now.” He sighed and I walked past him.

I was walking in the corridor when I met Kriti there. She was standing there, waiting for me, I guess. As she saw me walking towards her, she came to me. I saw her face and could know she wanted to start the same conversation that I left a few minutes ago. Before she could start, a person came to call us, he asked if we wanted to have dinner.

“I pass. I am not at all hungry. I am going to sleep.” She glares at me before leaving.

“Goodnight,” I try hard to make me look like an innocent human being. She just rolled her eyes and frowned before saying goodnight. I smiled and rejected the offer to have dinner because I also didn't feel like eating something.

I went to my room when I saw Sonu already there. He looked at me with the same seriousness that he had before.

“Who and where?” I asked with lowering my voice as much as possible.

“I wasn't sure but I felt like someone was following us from the bus stand itself. I am not sure who is it, but I am sure we are being followed. They are still following us, I went for a walk after reaching the hotel, when someone was following me continuously. He was wearing a white shawl, but I managed to escape from him but he still knows our location. ”

I nodded as I kept thinking of a plan to lessen the amount of risk of the unknown person following us. We also do not know what intension he had and what he wanted from us. I had a sure feeling this thing was related to Kriti. I have to be careful now, I can not lower my guard. I can not lose her again, I have to be very strong and make no mistake that could harm her again.

I tried to be calm and not react at the moment, because who knows the stalker must be watching us now. I looked at Sonu and nodded, signalled him to sleep. He nodded back and slept in the floor mattress. I then switched off the lights and slept in the bed.

Author's POV

The hotel was completely dark at that moment, and not a single voice could be heard. It was two o'clock in the night and everyone was in deep sleep. But someone was walking in the corridor, past the middle of the night. The steps were too low to be heard, it tried not to make any kind of noise that can wake anybody up. It stopped at the entrance of Kriti’s room and knocked carefully.

The door was still closed as Kriti was still in her deep sleep. The person knocked again, this time a bit louder. But it was still not audible for other person staying near, but Kriti was able to wake up from that. She frowned as she saw the time, she was not conscious at that time, she was half asleep. She stood up to go and scold the person disturbing her in the middle of the night. She wasn't able to open her eyes properly, she sleepwalked to her door and opened it. She gasped as she saw two strong arms came in front and covered her mouth. She was scared at that point in time, she was back to her senses at that of time. She wanted to shout but couldn't because of the grip of the strong hands around her face. At that point in time, she knew she was in trouble.

***

It was morning, around 10 o'clock, the workers in the hotel started working. Sonu got up and went out to ensure everything is okay. He found the hotel to be very popular and had many people staying in. He was indeed surprised but he remembered that the festival is very famous here, so it was normal that the hotel was filled with guests. He saw hotel staff working for the breakfast and giving room services, he was pretty impressed with the hotel. It worked hard to make it a good place to stay even if it looked bad.

Freshly made breakfast was held by one of the workers who was heading towards Kriti's room. The plate was nicely decorated, the person knocked on the door first but found it to be open. The person was shocked to find it open and went in to find someone sleeping in the bed covered in a blanket.

“I am sorry, I came in without asking, I thought nobody's inside. I'm sorry the breakfast is ready actually.” The person under the bed wasn't even moving at that moment.

“Excuse me! HELLO!” There was no response from the person under the bed. The worker was confused and shocked by the moment. But it was more shocking when the worker closed the door and locked it in from inside. And walked towards the bed, as it was about to remove the blanket, the strong arms took a hold of it.

“What the hell are you trying to do.”

[Sorry for the late update.
Hope you liked it 💖]