Chapter 3

Y/N’s P.O.V.

It was raining hard as hell outside, and I was stuck being home alone. Sadly, today was Monday, so Aizawa went back to work today. Apparently he works as a bank teller, not too busy of a job, but busy enough for him to get paid. He won’t be back until around 6 pm tonight.

I laid upside down on my bed, my head dangling off the edge. I looked at the clock, seeing how it read 3:05 pm, “This sucks.. I can’t even go out.” I sat up, staring directly out of my window to see the backyard, which had a trampoline. I smirk, “Oh it would be a shame if someone were to jump on it in the rain..” I got up, running over to my closet. I picked out a hoodie and some thick pants to change into. Eventually, I was ready to go outside.

I ran down the stairs, hearing my feet pound against the cold hardwood floor. I ran to the front of the house to grab my shoes, and as I was about to run away to the backyard, there was a knock on the door. I furrowed my eyebrows, confused to who that could be. What Jehovah’s Witness could be out there in this weather? I opened the door to see a man with blonde hair that was tied up into a bun, sunglasses, a slight mustache, and a wide grin.

“Hey man! How’s it goin-” He began, only to see a little girl at the door instead. He tilted his head to the side, “Am I at the wrong house?? Dang! I’m sorry, I didn’t check,” He began to ramble, and I shook my head, holding back laughter, “No this is Aizawa’s house. He’s at work right now.” The tall man’s head perked up, “Oh! Of course! It’s Monday, isn’t it?” I nodded, “Yeah it is.. Do you want me to take a message for him?”

The blonde stood proud, “I just wanted to stop by and hang with my best bud! That’s all… By the way, who are you? A house sitter?” I laugh awkwardly, “Oh, no. I’m his roommate, Y/N L/N. It’s nice to meet you sir.” His smile widened, “Aw! Little Aizawa is making some friends! How sweet. Well, my name is Yamada Hizashi, it’s nice to meet you little lady,” he stuck his hand out for me to shake. I accepted it, “Well would you like to come inside? It’s pouring out there.” 

Hizashi obliged and came inside, he was about to take off his shoes but I stopped him, “Wait, wanna come with me outside to go on the trampoline? It looked really lonely out there,” I asked, using my thumb to point to the back door. Hizashi smirked, “I thought you’d never ask.” He took off his shoes and carried them toward the back, and I followed. Soon we made it to the back door, and I opened it excitedly. I threw my shoes on and ran outside, climbing onto the trampoline.

He put his shoes on, slowly making his way out as he tried to get used to them being on his feet again, “Y’know, I was the one who got him this. He was spending too much time indoors, so I thought he’d use it.. Sadly he doesn’t, but that’s okay! Now you’re here L/N!” He climbed into the trampoline and began to bounce.

We were having a great time, bouncing for a long time. We played a few games on it, like who could make the other person bounce higher, and a simple game of tag. Fun games like that. But eventually the sun began to set, and the rain continued to pour. We eventually went back inside, soaking wet. We took off our shoes and quickly headed over to the front of the house to set them down. 

Hizashi and I were a laughing mess, and it’s been that way since this afternoon. Soon his laughter faltered as he asked me a question, “So, how did you meet Aizawa?” I walked to my room, motioning for him to follow, “Well it was only a couple days ago. I got kicked out from my dad’s house and had nowhere to go. I was stuck on a curb trying to contain my heat, and he saw me there. I guess he felt bad or something, cause that’s when he asked me to move in.”

He smiled, adoring how kind his best friend could be in certain situations, “That’s so cool. I’ve always wanted to move in here. Of course I love my own home, but Aizawa and I always manage to enjoy ourselves when hanging out together. I feel like if I were to become his roommate, he’d get tired of me.” I nod, understanding what he means, “How do you think I feel? I’m waiting for the moment where he can’t stand me anymore. I mean, I’m a stranger who just walked into his life. I couldn’t imagine how annoying that would be.”