Chapter 15

Meg's POV

Anna and I quickly ran out into the hall to see everyone else had done the same. It was chaotic. Everyone was headed towards the stairwell all at once.

"What's going on?" Anna whispered as we tried to get into the stairwell.

"Maybe the schools trying to get everyone out so they can find the missing people..." I said worriedly.

We were one of the last into the stairwell. Suddenly the door closed behind us and was locked. Someone yelled up the stairs,

"Hold the door! This ones locked!"

Anna called down, "So is this one!"

Suddenly everyone was nervous. The entire sophomore and junior classes were trapped in the stairwell.

Aurora called from the middle, "The door to the gym is unlocked! Come on!"

Everyone from both upstairs and downstairs went towards the middle to get into the gym. Once everyone was there we realized we were trapped. Aurora walked to the podium on the stage and got everyone's attention.

"Everyone! Please calm down! As Student Body President I need you all to calm down." Everyone was quiet and listening to her. "Obviously this isn't a real fire. The fire alarms are off. So now we are just going to wait in here. I know for a fact that there are cots, blankets and pillows in the storage closet to the right. Junior boys please help set those up. There are tables and chairs in the supple closet to the left! Sophomore boys please set those up! Sophomore girls please go into the teachers lounge and get all the drinks and snacks you can find! Junior girls, help wherever you can until further notice!" Everyone went straight to work.

I looked at Anna, "Lets go hide beside the stage." She nodded. We walked to the left of the stage and sat down, hidden from everyone.

"What's going on?" Anna whispered to me.

"I don't know. The school wouldn't let this just happen. It's for a reason!" I was sure of that.

After about 45 minutes, everything was set up and people were claiming cots. Aurora made the boys stay to the left of the gym and girls to the right. Everyone quietly waited on their cots for more news. Suddenly the loudspeaker turned on. Everyone looked to the ceiling at the amplifier. A voice came over the intercom that was very unfamiliar to me.

Attention Everyone. My name is Yellow Heel. Today the first issue of the newspaper is to be issued. I wanted to add some things and made sure everyone heard this. First, Freshman you are in the cafeteria. Look in the kitchen. You should find newspapers for everyone. Sophomores and Juniors. Look under the stage. Your copy's are there. Seniors. Look behind the librarians desk. Read away. Page 3. Also I need to add this my friends. Belle, Aurora, Jasmine, and Lottie. These girls are your Student Body Government right? Well, they also happen to be pulling some pranks on you. Tiana? Lottie is secretly telling all of your friends you made out with a frog last week. Alice? Jasmine is seeing your boyfriend every Thursday before she helps you study. Meg? Belle and Aurora are only being nice to you so they can ruin you. They are writing all of your secrets in a book and have been giving me them. Like how you kissed Peter Pan last night at the fireworks display. Tsk Tsk. You all will be unlocked tonight for dinner. Try not to kill each other. Yours Truly, Yellow Heel

I looked at Anna in horror. She was in tears.

"Are they really?" I was in shock. "Anna?"

"Meg! I know that voice!" Anna was sobbing.

"Excuse me?" A blonde boy walked over. "Do you guys need any food?"

"Uh do you have tissues?" I asked.