Day Forty Five

Cecelia got up for work. It was Friday again. Today, she was receiving some new artifacts for the floor. Tools and weapons from 1200BC, or 3,200 years ago. Later that evening, her and Henry had a date. He was finally taking her to the Globe Theatre, the one he had mentioned to her when they fist met. She was surprised he remembered.

Although she was spending most of her time at Henry's flat, she still had her hotel room at The Savoy. She was thinking about getting a place of her own as she was now certain she wanted to stay in London, for three important reasons. Her job was going fantastically well, her relationship with Henry was great, and her friendship with Sophie felt like it had been there all her life.

She was waking up there this morning and she would get ready there after work.

...

As she went through the staff entrance of the museum, she stopped to talk to Jerry.

"Lia, my love, how are you today?"

"Jerry! I think it's going to be a good day!" She handed him a box of donuts. "Here's to starting it out right." She gave him a wink and headed towards the elevator. "See you later!"

As soon as the door opened upstairs, Derek and Teresa ambushed her. She and Derek had worked out the mechanics of their professional relationship. Teresa still made her tense up whenever they were in the same room but Teresa liked how Cecelia took charge and did her work effectively.

" I just saw the new artifacts. They're perfect." Teresa said matter-of-factly. "Where will they be going?"

Cecelia answered in a definite. "To the left of the sarcophagus."

"Good work." Teresa looked her up-and-down. "Nice shoes." She walked away. Cecelia was wearing red suede, lace-up heels with skinny blue jeans and crisp white blouse. She had her birthstone necklace on as well. She looked good and felt confident.

"When would you like to go down and see them?" Derek asked, looking at the tablet in his hands. Looing up quickly, he said "Here's a walkie-talkie just in case." He handed her a small black radio transmitter. He had another attached to his belt. Derek went back to checking his tablet.

"Give me five minutes. I need to check my email and send a quick text. Then we'll bring them up to the hall." She was looking in her purse for her badge. She walked past him as she found it.  

The digital display turned green and she opened the door. On her desk was a huge arrangement of red roses. Her lips curled into a huge smile. She set her bag on her new end table and walked over to her desk.

The card read, "I'll see you tonight at 8 o'clock. I love you."

She texted him. Everything about Henry Cavill turned her on. Of course he was disarmingly good-looking but his mind and heart were exactly what she wanted. Cecelia sat down behind her desk and opened her laptop. Her phone binged. As her desktop was loading, she looked at her lock screen and opened the text message.

"Tell me all the details tomorrow. I can't come to the museum today. I have school related bullshit."

Cecilia laughed, Sophie was definitely a card, one she was glad to have in her deck. She quickly texted back, "Will do. Good luck with your bullshit." Cecelia put the phone back on the desk.

The desktop had loaded, and she clicked on her email. Her father and mother had both sent her a message. She opened her mother's first.

"It was nice talking to you last night. I'm so glad everything is going wonderfully. Henry sounds like a great guy. Call me tomorrow about Christmas. XOXO"