The Beginning of the End Part 2

Edmund had left Evolet to find Legolas. The plan was to give the books to Legolas and fill Legolas in. However, when he found Legolas he was slow dancing with Susan. He didn't want to ruin the moment, and the happiness that he saw in his sister. So, instead, he went straight to his room. Once he locked the door, he went  into his stuff and wrapped the books into his clothes and put it all in a bag that he was going to take. He closed the bag and then changed his clothes to much more comfortable ones and took the bag. He walked out with a smile and went to see if Evolet was ready. 

He made his way down and he finally reached her door which was wide open. He was about to say something, but he saw her kissing Ga-el. In that second that he saw that, he felt his heart drop to his stomach. He quickly turned back the way he came and sped off back to his room. 

Theseus' words were spinning through his head.  Did Evolet really had feelings for Ga-el?  It would make sense if she did, they grew up together and were engaged. His leg was bouncing up and down and he was nervous, anxious, mad. He felt like a second choice. How long was this going on? 

He then let out a big sigh and looked at the ceiling bringing his hands to his face. How could Evolet do that to him?   His mind started to wonder over scenarios with Evolet and Ga-el together. He clenched his fists once again and decided to change back into the clothes he was wearing and rejoin the party. 

When Evolet was able to get away from Ga-el, she finished putting her things in her bag, and then she went to wait to the edge of the village, and wait for Edmund. She couldn't believe what just happened. She felt disgusted and felt dirty. He had no right to bring her in for a kiss. She waited at the edge anxiously, ready to tell Edmund what had just happened. 

The minutes turned to hours, and all of a sudden the sun was rising over the Ettinsmoors. Evolet had fallen asleep with her head leaning on a tree bark. She awoke from the morning dew kissing her face and the cold hugging her. 

"What the?" She asked herself realizing she was in the same spot as she was last night. She looked around and there was no one in sight. She stood up and stretched and picked up the bag and threw it over her shoulder. Where was Edmund?  She asked herself as she walked back to the main hall only to find a breakfast hall for everyone. Almost every elf in the kingdom was getting something to eat to start their morning. She scanned the room and saw The Pevensies eating their breakfast along with Legolas. Edmund was eating and laughing with his sisters at something Peter had said. 

Did he forget about their plan? 

Did he chicken out? 

Why would he not notify her instead of her waiting for him?

Evolet rushed down the hall until she finally met them. Once she arrived at the table everyone stared at her waiting for her to sit down.

"Hey! EV! Where were you last night?" Peter asked referring about the fun time that he had last night. He had a big smile, not being able to contain his joy.

"I was uh-" Evolet stared at Edmund and he stared back at her before looking back at his plate. 

"I was doing something else." She said looking at Edmund and not taking her eyes from him. The Pevensies stared at them both and realized something happened. 

"Hey Ev, why don't you sit down and join us?" Legolas suggested as he reached his hand to grab hers, but she quickly backed away.

"I'm not hungry. I'll talk to you later." She said looking at Edmund waiting for a simple reply. But he gave her nothing. Knowing she did not want to cause a scene, she walked away and out of the hall towards her room.