Chapter 8

MEANINGLESS

The whole night seemed so long. I stayed up late weighing things and trying to understand everything with my young mind. And I finally decided to just let it go and continue my life with Peter.

Siguro panghahawakan ko na lang ang mga sinabi niyang ako ang papakasalan niya. I couldn't let him go. Dahil mas masakit na pakawalan ko siya ng tuluyan at mawala siya sa buhay ko kaysa sa mga nangyayari ngayon. I just have to talk to him that once I'm ready, ako na lang ang gagamitin niya. No more other women.

I planned on calling him tomorrow once I feel better. I just needed more time.

I went downstairs to have a brunch. I saw him on the couch, sitting rigidly with bouquet of pink roses in his hands. I remembered our first time. Three years ago. When everything was easy and smooth.

He snapped his head towards me when my rubber shoes squeaked on the tiled floor.

"Love.." he called me with his husky voice. His lower lip had a cut and a bruise on his left cheek. He looked like hell.

"Everything's cool. You don't need to explain." I said gently. I wanted so bad to feel his warmth and to comfort each other.

"I-i need to. Please. I don't want you to just accept that lie and continue our relationship without addressing our problems. It would affect us." He had a point. So I nodded and pulled him to sit back on our couch.

"Then spill it." I heaved a sigh.

"First, she's just my friend. I never felt anything special towards her. Second that picture was fake. It was photoshopped. Lindsey already asked someone to look into it. Third, you're the only one I want. Believe me love."napatango ako. He never lied to me. I believe him..

I saw his eyes became red and pulled me onto his hard chest and embraced me. He sniffed and whispered how sorry he was.

Lahat ng hinanakit ko ay nawala na. Dahil sa akin pa rin siya sa huli. Akin lang..

Our planned trip to Cebu was early in the morning. We would stay for a week and explore the city. Sobrang excited na ako. This would be our first trip as a couple.

I was waiting on our living room when Kuya Lindsey called me. May inaasikaso lang daw si Peter kaya hindi niya ako masundo.

I just shrugged my shoulders and didn't ask anything. Their company was much more important than fetching me.

"Good morning! Sorry Kuya kung naabala kapa." I greeted Kuya Lindsey happily and kissed him on his cheek. He hugged me tight then let go. He took my luggage and put it in this car boot.

"Anything for you princess.." he said with a smile.

When everything was ready, I sat on his passenger seat.

"There's problem with the cruise ship we'll be in?" Nag aalala kong tanong. I was thinking that maybe Peter would just be busy while on board.

"Nah, just few cargo ships that needed attention." He said then drove stiffly. I could see that he was a bit distracted when he nearly drove with the red traffic light's on.

He pressed the brake and his Mercedes stopped abruptly. I heard him sigh.

Nag aalalang tumingin ako sa kanya. When he didn't notice me, I tugged his sleeve. He looked at me with his dark eyes.

"Are you okay po??"bulong kong tanong. He smiled bitterly and nodded. He then whispered to me.

"When he's too hard to handle, you can have me instead."he said then looked away.