[chapter four]

I woke up to the sound of my ringtone. I looked at the time, it's was only eight o'clock in the morning. I read the caller ID, it was Sam. I picked it up. "Hey Chris!" He said, a little too energetic for my morning dizziness. "Woah, it's eight in the morning, you better have an excuse" I said, groggily. I wasn't much of a morning person to be honest. He chuckled. "Since when do you sleep 'till late?" He questioned. "Back then you were up at 5 in the mornin" I also chuckled. "Well, I was way more energetic back then too, now I'm too busy worrying of my looks, my grades, boys and makeup" I sad, in a girlie way. "Just kidding!" I said quickly. He laughed. I smiled at his laugh. "Living is just veeery tired" I said, overly dramatic. He laughed.

"Ok, well, get ready, I'll pick you up in thirty minutes" "Oh, and don't have breakfast, I'm taking you someplace" he added. "Fine" I said. I hung up and made my bed. I was eager to see where he was taking me. I grabbed the jeans from last night (reuse and recycle), an oversized printed graphic tee and some worn out sneakers. My hair was messy and I was too lazy to curl it or anything, so I put on a purple beanie. I grabbed my phone, some money and my keys. I wrote a note to my parents letting them know where I was going in the kitchen table so they didn't panic. I knew they were asleep because they had to drive all the way from Ohio to here. I grabbed some spare keys they left me and exited the house.

The first thing I saw: Sam
Well, to be honest, I didn't really see him, because with the hurry, I bumped straight into him, and we both fell to the floor, me on top of him. I blushed and quickly stood up, helping him off the floor. "That was a nice way of starting the morning" he said, chuckling. "Sorry" I said, still blushing. "You're cute when you blush" he said. He blushed almost immediately and looked away. I chuckled lightly. Pushing my thoughts aside, I grabbed his hand eagerly and ran towards nowhere in special. Then I remembered a store where they sold skater things and stuff like that, which I really liked, so I took Sam running there. To my surprise, I still remembered the way.

When we arrived to the center of town, we were out of breath. "Wow, you've become really fast" he said, in between breaths. "Thank you" I said, proudly. I didn't really like to run before, but since I started walking Mrs. Rowley's dog, my neighbor back in Ohio, I enjoyed it. I used to take her dog, Jimmy, in early runs so he became strong and exercised. Obviously, I became strong and exercised too.

"Why did you bring us here?" He said, curiously, looking at the bright sign with the store's name on it. "I want to buy something" I said. I entered the store. It smelled like skateboard polish and there was pop rock music playing. There was no one there yet, due to the early time. There were skateboards hanging on the walls and arranged in neat rows. There was also a space for maintenance of your skateboard, where you could come and fix it, clean it, polish it or change the board if it was damaged. There was also a paint-your own-board station. I squealed in excitement.

I walked up to the counter and spotted a young lady looking to something on her phone. "How much is a skateboard?" I asked cautiously, not wanting to scare the lady. "Oh, hello!" she said, as she heard me. "It's $25 a skateboard of our design and $30 if you want to paint it" she explained. "Thank you, can we look around?" "Sure!" She said, smiling kindly. I grabbed Sam and took him to one of the displays. "Since when do you skate?" He asked, grinning. "I learned in Ohio, one of my best friends Ally taught me" I explained. "Ouch, i though I was your best friend" he said, pouting. I smacked him in the arm. "You are, silly! You are my very best friend in the whole world" I said, smiling. "I could've taught you, you know?" "Well, since when do you skate?" I asked, mimicking him. "You're not good at this game" he said. We laughed and he helped me picking a board.

I always wanted to skate, and when I met Ally, back in Ohio, and became good friends, she taught me. I loved the sensation of skating with the wind hitting your face. I never had a board though, Ally always lent me one of hers. I came to one particular skateboard that caught my eye. It was a plane board with white plain deck. An idea came to mind and I ran to the lady in the counter. "Could i paint that one?" I said, pointing to the skate I'd just saw. She nodded, grabbed the board, and took it to a table in the other side of the store. I gave her the money it cost and started painting. After one hour of talking with Sam about what we were going to do back when school started and new food he tried over the summer (I can't understand him, I seriously can't), I finished. I had changed the wheels for some yellow ones and I had painted pineapples (really random, but the result was worth it).

The skateboard looked like this:

I polished it and let it dry before we left the store

I polished it and let it dry before we left the store. "I really like it" Sam said. "Duh, it's an art piece." I replied. We walked home to get his skate so we could go to a skate park near to test my skateboard. Suddenly, I saw someone I wasn't expecting at all.

a/n

cliff hanger... 

I hope you guys are liking it, please vote and comment what you think

(UPDATE) I am rewriting all of the lovey dovey crap because its shit ngl