6: Bekfast

(The music has nothing to do with the story 😽✌)
Hajime POV

The next morning, Komaeda and I found ourselves in his large kitchen making breakfast. Well, more like he's making breakfast and I'm watching out of boredom while petting the dog named Etna.

His other dog, Ellie, somehow managed to run away in the night, which devastated him, but he was sure she would return.
Though, I myself isn't too sure she will.

"Isn't Sebastian supposed to do the cooking?" I ask.

"Well, I like making breakfast myself sometimes...it makes trash such as myself feel like I can at least accomplish something as simple as breakfast..."

"Hm...You aren't-"

"Breakfast is ready," Komaeda announced, grabbing his food and walking to the large dining room table.

I grab my food and follow him.

He sits down, and I sit beside him.

"You don't have to sit right next to me, Hinata. There are 17 seats at this table..." I look around the large table, taking in the fact that there are 17 seats.

(A/N yes I chose a random number)

"Well, I'm already sitting, and I don't mind sitting next to you."

The room goes silent and we begin eating.

I'm a little hesitant, as it's been a while since I've had home cooked food, but I eventually face my fears of it tasting bad, eating a small forkful of food...

And it didn't taste bad at all.

In fact, it was the opposite.

It was amazing.

I look at the food in disbelief, catching Komaeda's attention.

"Is it so terrible that you can't believe it? I apologize...it's only fitting that trash such as myself makes trash food..."

Does he seriously not understand how good this is?

"No, Komaeda! Not at all! The food isn't trash at all, and neither are you! I just can't believe how good it is...it's been a while since I've actually eaten something besides fast food/convenience store food..." He nods at my statement and continues eating, and I also continue eating.

After eating, we find ourselves on opposite sides of the couch as Komaeda flips through TV channels.

"Well, I'm sure I've been bothering you for too long...so I'll be on my way," I announce, standing up from the couch.

Komaeda looks away from the TV, "Wait, Hinata. Before you go...did you mean what you said earlier about living off of fast food and convenience stores?"

"Huh? Oh, I know what you're talking about. Yeah, Izuru is barely home to cook, and I don't know how, so I eat out a lot, why?" I explain.

"Hmm...no reason. Also, can I have your number before you leave?" I nod, and he hands me his phone.

I quickly type my number in before petting Etna once more and leaving.