7: ono...ono...ononononono

Hajime POV😳

I finally got back to me and Izuru's small apartment, and my cat was standing at the door waiting for me.

(I don't remember if I said I changed the cat's name or not- but it's Button now. I'll eventually go back and edit this in the earlier chapters)

After closing the front door, I pick her up, snuggling my face ito her back and gently rubbing her head.

"Hey, Hajime. How'd your ass appointment with Komaeda go?" I roll my eyes at Izuru's comments.

"Izuru it wasn't an ass appointment- Komaeda was sick." I explain, putting Button down.

After putting her down, Button runs off somewhere.

"You might wanna clean up a bit, our parents are coming over."

"What? We haven't seen them in over 2 years after they said they didn't want anything to do with me, why would they come around now?" I ask, sitting in a chair in the dining room/kitchen.

It's true that we haven't seen our parents in over 2 years. They kicked me out because I didn't have an ultimate talent, and Izuru came with me by his own will for reasons I still don't understand.

"I don't know, I just got letter from them today, which is understandable since they don't know our phone numbers, but how did they even get our address?" Izuru throws a letter on the table in front of me.

I skim through it.

Izuru and Hajime,

We know it seems old fashioned for us to send a letter via mail, but we have no other way to contact you. We're letting you know that we will be arriving soon, on (uh day and time). If this letter makes it by then, you will be well informed.

-your parents

This is bad. Really bad.

"Well, I guess we should get cleaning...you know them, they'll wanna see every room in the damn apartment..."

I
z
u

ru nods and we get to work, and a few hours later, we were finished.

I sigh and lay on the couch just as there's a knock at the door.

Izuru walks to the door, silently telling me to stay on the couch and that he should be the one opening the door, so that the parents don't immediately degrade me.

The door gets opened by Izuru, and our parents are all over him in seconds, patting his head and praising him.

I'm glad they haven't seen me yet...

"mother, father, please come in." He opens the door wider and they walk in, immediately noticing me sitting on the couch.

For once, my mother's fake smile doesn't falter, and my father doesn't avert his eyes away from me in disgust.

Something's up...

Awkward silence exists, but then Button jumps into my lap, purring against my leg, which helps calm me down.

"So, Izuru and Hajime, you may be wondering why we came today..." My mother says, sitting on the couch next to me and petting Button.

I grab Button and get off the couch.

I will not let her near me or Button.

She then clears her throat, "ahem...well, there's a good reason." She looks to my father, who bites his lip.