braid - technoblade

AU where DreamSMP events are real life.

Congrats, you're now 20!

As always, Wilbur and Tommy were out, either looking for food or planning something for Pogtopia. As always, Techno was left to farm potatoes and grind some armor. I was just sitting in the cave, attempting to nap because I usually had the night shift. However my mind never really quieted down, it kept yelling at me to check on Techno. So...I did so.

My exhausted limbs yelled at me to stay in bed, however I couldn't. Techno seemed more important right now. He was way more distant than usual, he was too quiet. That made me nervous. Of course, I was always nervous or anxious, especially now. Pogtopia was close to war once again, Wilbur revealed that he had stacks upon stacks of TNT under L'manburg, and I love that country as much as Tommy.

My steps echoed through the ravine. I could hear Techno, now working on enchanting something or doing something with metal. I heard his frustrated grunts and the loud slams of the anvil and sword or axe or whatever he was working on. So, I quietly hurried to him. An angry Technoblade was never a good Technoblade.

"Techno? You okay?" I asked caustiously.

He grumbled something I couldn't make out. So, I walked to the side of him, and pointedly turned his head to the side. "I couldn't hear you love." His gaze softened immediately. Instead of an angry solider, I saw a tired farmer.

"My hair keeps getting everywhere, and I can't get this sword right, and the enchantment table is giving me shitty enchaments-"

I gently kissed him to shut him up. "Let me help. I can solve one issue right now, if you'd like."

The man was flustered by the sudden kiss. So he gave a blank stare past me, and just nodded. I giggled, and went behind him. Unfortunately, since he was so tall, it was hard to reach his hair. I pulled up a chair behind him.

"Sit down, my love. And relax."

I gently braided his hair. He immediately leaned into my touch and even started purring, which is something I only heard when we cuddled or slept together. My fingers worked smoothly, and when I finished, I just started gently scratching behind his ears. What can I say? He was a pig hybrid, he loved pets.

And then I heard some sniffles. Instantly, I was nervous. Technoblade never cried. He was stoic and numb, he never cried. I got out of my chair and immediately went to sit on his lap, pulling him into a hug. His face was on my chest, getting my shirt wet with tears.

I stroked his head gently. "Shh, you're okay. It's okay. We'll be fine, I promise you." He continued to sob. Tech was very vulnerable right now. In a sadistic way, it was nice to see him like this. He never let his guard down, so I never could comfort him like this.

"What's wrong, love?"

"I just...can't loose you. I cant loose you, you make me happy and calm. You calm me down, Y/n. That's not something everyone can do. Only you and..."

"Phil. I know sweetheart, I know. You're not going to loose me. You're never going to loose me. Y/n never dies, remember? We found each other because of our reputation. We both never die, we're fucking amazing warriors, we can take on at least 30 people by ourselves! We're powerful, Tech. I'm powerful, I can't be lost. Just like you can't be. We're going to make it. I know we will."

I saw him smile. And then I felt him kiss me. It wasn't long, just a soft peck, but it meant so much to me. He never really initiated anything, so when he did, I always felt butterflies. My cheeks got warm, and he laughed.

"Thank you, n/n. You're such an amazing person, despite killed over 100." We both laughed at that.

"Now, how 'bout we head to bed?"

"Sounds like a plan." He said, expecting me to get off.

"Carry me!" I said, child like.

He groaned playfully, and carried me bridal style to bed. Swiftly, Tech took off his boots and his coat, and I took off my slippers. We got in bed, and I just gazed at his beautiful face.

"This was all part of my master plan by the way, I totally intended to do this." He said with a soft smirk.

"Of course it was my beautiful blood god." I say with a smile, "Now come here, show me how this god snuggles with his partner."

He flipped me onto my other side and snuggled me close to him. "I love you so so much Y/n."

"I love you too, Techno."

"Thank you for today. So so much."

"Any time love, any time."

And with that, I heard his breathing slow. I felt him grip my hand, protecting me even in his sleep. A grin set on my face, and I closed my eyes. The last thing I noticed was how our heartbeats synced up, and then I was asleep.