Chapter 49

The End.

Not really, I just wanted to make you guys mad.

This has been an absolute joy for me.

I started working on this January 31, 2018. A literal year later, I'd picked up my first betas for this story. Originally, there were no battle scenes shown in the overland, the Core Four were featured five different times, and Chad had no character arc. Amazing, huh? You, the readers, and my beta readers inspired me to make those changes. Especially people like Brieva from A03. ❤️

Speaking of which:

pinksakura271 - I wish we could have worked together a little bit more, but I'm still very grateful for the errors you pointed out for me. Hope you are recovering well from the loss of your cat. Thank you for your careful reading, energetic spirit, and sweet personality.

Xez2003 - None of this would have been possible without you. Partnering with you has been amazing - I am so lucky that you reached out. I hope, when you look back over HRH, you can see your fingerprints all over it. The extra Bal scenes, Chad's character arc, everything. All of this is because of you.

More than a beta-reader or even a partner or Coworker, you've been a real friend to me. One of my goals is still to go back and look through all our D3 predictions and see what we got right. It's been a ride full of hardships and laughter and raw, pure strength. I have this sempiternal respect for you that knows no borders or bounds. You are strong. You are clever. You are courageous and hard-working and patient. I love your energy and your sweetness and all of the many talents you've shared with me. You hold so much sympathy for everyone around you and you are so observant and thoughtful; something I often forget to be. Your advice has proved purposive in both my writing and in my daily life. Yes, this story is what it is because of your countless hours, but I am the person I am because of your lasting friendship.

Writing this to you is hard. I don't know how to sum up everything that's happened in a year of partnership. I hope, at the very least, I've been half the friend that you've been to me. Please know I love you so much. On this spiritual level that I can't even describe, I feel like I know the way your soul is. Please know that I respect you. You have been both a wonderful student and a brilliant teacher. Please know that I am so proud of your accomplishments in your work, in your story, and in your life. You deserve nothing but the best.

I know I said the epilogue would be out this week... and it will be! Right after Chapter 50. XD XD You're Welcome.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Thanks for the adventure.