Part 6: Opportunity

Date Today: January 18, 2020 

-----------------------------------------------

Kageyama went to the park wearing his spare volleyball shoes and bringing water. Hinata arrived shortly after Kageyama. 

"Kageyama!!" Hinata said waving his hand around. 

Kageyama backed off after realizing that Hinata wasn't wearing a mask. Lucky for him, he brought an extra one. 

"Why aren't you wearing a mask?" Kageyama asked. 

"Oh! Since we're going to be playing volleyball. Duh,"

"So what?"

"So I don't feel uncomfortable! Masks are kind of controlling,"

"If you don't wear your mask then I'm leaving," he said while handing his spare mask to the shorter male. 

"Fine, I hate you, Kageyama-kun," Hinata said while sticking his tongue out. 

"I swear to god, if I weren't here then you would be sick already," Kageyama murmured under his breath.

Hinata giggled, "Then come play with me every day so I can be safe!"

Kageyama blushed. 

"Fine," the dark-haired male said softly. 

Hinata and Kageyama played for around two hours before taking a break. While resting, Hinata thought of this moment as an opportunity to know if Kageyama likes boys or girls.

"Hey, Kageyama," Hinata asked

Kageyama raised an eyebrow.

"Have you ever had a girlfriend?" Hinata said annoyingly, trying to act like he was just teasing him. 

Kageyama thought about why Hinata would ask such things. He did like girls before, but he never had a girlfriend. He thought about Hinata.

 Was it true? 

Were the rumors true? 

Was there a possibility that Hinata likes him? 

"No, I've never had a girlfriend," he answered the other male's question.

Hinata laughed. "I knew it, no girls like you," Hinata laughed at Kageyama. 

Kageyama, annoyed at Hinata's response, decided to grab Hinata by his collar. About to curse him, he let go and froze. 

He wanted to change

for Hinata. 

"Sorry," he said under his breathe.

*a few hours later*

It was around 6:30 PM and both of the boys were tired. They planned on going home already since it was getting dark. 

"Hey, Kageyama, do you want to play again tomorrow? And the day after that?"

"As long as you wear a mask."

"Yeah, yeah, fine."