Part 7

The two boys continued to play together the day after that. They consecutively played each day until something bizarre happened. 

------------------------------------------------------

Feb 8, 2021

Hinata's POV

Another day with Kageyama and volleyball! My two favorites. 

I climbed out of my bed and went to brush my teeth. It's currently 12:33 right now. I slept around 3 AM last night since I was up late playing games with Kenma. 

I went out of my room to make breakfast and saw my mother.

"Hinata! You're finally awake," she said while cooking lunch

"What's for lunch?" 

"Your favorite, meat buns!"

"Nice! Can I bring some for Kageyama too?"

"Sure."

I grabbed a plate and proceeded to sit down on the table. Thinking about Kageyama and what we could be,  I accidentally blurted out his name. 

"Huh? Kageyama?" she asked.

"Ah yeah! I'm gonna bring him food too," I improvised.

Shit. Why am I so stupid. Kageyama doesn't like me. He'd never. He'd never like someone like me. I can't get him out of my mind. 

My thoughts were cut off by a soft voice.

"Big brother!" Natsu yelled.

"You just woke up now too?" I said.

She nodded while my mom proceeded to lecture us on why sleeping late is bad for our health.

I finished eating and grabbed a container to put the meat buns I was going to bring for Kageyama. I left the house and ran to the park. I was excited after all. 

I sighed as I realized Kageyama wasn't there yet.

I sat down on the swing. 

Overthinking.

 Maybe he found out that I liked him was disgusted. Maybe. Maybe he-

"Hey," he disturbed my overthinking. 

"Kageyama! I bought you meat buns," I said giddily.

He blushed and proceeded to take the container out of my hands. His hand brushed off of my fingers, which caused me to blush too. 

After he put the container in his bag, there was an awkward silence between us. 

I broke the silence by tossing him the volleyball. We met during our usual times and played for around 3 hours before we got tired. We sat on the bench and looked at him. I spoke first.

"You know Valentine's day is soon, right? Do you have um-a date?"

Kageyama was shocked at my words.

"No?" he said. 

"Oh,

Well, do you wanna spend V-valentine's day with me?" I stuttered 

He was shocked by my words. 

"Wait-no, not like that

I meant like play volleyball with me on that day," I improvised. 

"Uh sure, I guess," the raven-haired boy said.