Four

Four - Dream

Present day

The spider slowly opened his eyes. His thoughts were still lingering on the dream he just had. He almost never had dreams. Even though there was the possibility that it was just nonsense, something about seemed real, like it was stuck in a crack in the back of his mind for so long and just got the chance the surface.

Peter and his mother seemed familiar, and there was this part of his mind that shouted at him to bring this to Snake, but there's also another corner in his mind that shook it's head no. After pondering on the thought for a bit, he came to the conclusion that nothing bad was coming out of it and 'he wasn't seeing things that Snake's prized spider shouldn't see' as Snake had said the day before. 

The spider started to get his training clothes ready when Snake burst in, slamming open the metal door. He was followed by four guards. Each were carrying the special guns that were designed to use against the spider and emergency buttons.

Shoving his tablet in the spider's face, Snake said, his mouth set in a grim line, his voice coming out in it's usual flat tone, but his eyes were revealing the blazing anger, "What is the meaning of this?"

It took a second for the spider's eyes to adjust, but what he saw was an image of him leaning over Mr. Smith with a knife dripping with blood in his hand. The spider's back was facing the camera and the flash had illuminated the dark hydra logo with a spider symbol underneath. Under the photo in tiny font read, "Photo taken by Harley Keener." 

"This was found on the Daily Bugle website and the on the front of the paper," Snake said, his voice having the hint of a hiss showing at the end. He waved the newspaper up above his head, the anger becoming more and more noticeable. His nostrils were flaring and his face caught a light layer of redness that contrasted greatly with his pale skin.

The spider stayed quiet. Nothing he said could change the fact that Snake was mad and blaming him. The silence seemed to anger Snake more, causing him to grit his teeth and drop the tablet on the floor.

"You will be doing the office work for all of the people on the floor above. If I find a single mistake... the punishment will be worse." This was unusual. The spider was never assigned to working at a desk as a punishment. Usually it was a memory wipe, or pushing him until he finally became more broken than he already was.

A guard picked up the tablet, which was surprisingly in perfect shape. And with the normal turn of his heel, Snake left, with the guards trailing behind him. Right before he shut the door, one of the guards said so quietly that someone had to have super hearing(like the spider) to hear it. "Subject 42. Project arachnid."