Ch2 - a walk to school

Yamaguchi's POV

I awake to the buzzing of my alarm clock. I hit it to turn it off. I sit up in the bed and bring my hand to my forehead. It's drenched in sweat. A groan of irritation escapes my lips. Why do I always have to wake up? Why can't I just stay in those dreams forever? Better yet, why can't those dreams just be real?

I stand up to start getting dressed, not wanting to go to school at all. Of course I want to see Tsukki but I don't want to hear his bland voice call me "Yamaguchi" and I don't want to see his lips. I want to hear his gentle voice call me "Yams" and I want to feel his lips. I know it's impossible though. I mean he's straight and even if he weren't he would never in a million years feel even a sliver of attraction to me. Of course it can't be helped.

I finish putting on my shoes and start walking to school. I move my hand to my face, grassing the side of my finger on my bottom lip. Tsukki's lips felt sort of chapped against mine, it was a really nice feeling though. I longed for it. Even though I can have that sensation every night, I would do anything to be able to feel the real thing. Of course Tsukki would probably hate it so I would never really want it, his feelings are my priority.

I take my eyes off my shoes to look up ahead of me, knowing Tsukki and I will run into each other sometime soon. Out of the corner of my eye I see him.

"Good morning Tsukki!" I say enthusiastically as I waddle over to him. "Morning Yamaguchi." He says in a monotone voice. I can feel my heart drop. I'm used to him calling me "Yamaguchi" in his infamous emotionless voice. It just always seems to sting after the dreams.

We start walking the remaining half of our walk to school as we stare at the ground, as per usual. "So how are you?" I ask. "Alright." Tsukki says. "Have any interesting dreams?" I ask. "Nothing out of the ordinary." I hum in response. "Same with me." I say.

I bring my eyes off the pavement to look at Tsukki's face. His skin looks so smooth. I really want to plant a kiss on his cheek right now. Tsukki turns his face to look at mine and I quickly avert my gaze back at the ground. Did he notice me staring? I can feel him still looking at me. Was he mad? I look back up at him. He's definitely still looking at me. He's always so hard to read. I feel a bit nervous, although neither of us look back down. We just silently stare in each other's eye without speaking as we continue to make our way to school.

This is new. 

-

494 words