Chapter 7: The Truth

~Clay's POV~

"Because... Because I love-" I cut myself off when I noticed the call had ended, 'Shit, was it something I said? Why'd she leave the call?' I thought to myself, panicking slightly as I tried to get a hold of her, calling her a couple times and texting her.

Clay
Did I do something wrong?
I'm sorry if I hurt you or did anything wrong, just please talk to me.. 😔
Y/N?
Please talk to me..
Y/N please... 🥺
Y/N I'm sorry...
(Delivered)

She wasn't receiving or reading any of my messages, I checked her Socials and she hadn't posted anything since the stream and the tag #Y/U/NWasTaken was already trending on Twitter, even though it had only been a few minutes since the stream, though another tag was working it's way up to the leader board on trending as well..

#CancelY/U/N

I looked at the tag and knew who had started it.. My jealous fangirls.. I let out a sigh and opened the tag, reading through the posts under it.

That1H8ter | @H8
Who does @Y/U/N think they are? Blowing up and taking our Dream when she barely knew who he was? She doesn't deserve him.
#CancelY/U/N
💬1K Replies🔄2k Retweets❤2.5k Likes

That was just one of the better ones among the rest, I blocked most of the users but I knew I couldn't block all of them and that I couldn't go without addressing the matter, so I sent out a tweet;

Dream|@Dream a moment ago
Ok, so about @Y/U/N's stream and all the hate she's getting from what happened. No we are not a couple, so no she does not deserve to be canceled or harassed over it. Anyone who continues to hate on her for what happened will be blocked by me personally.
💬0 Replies🔄0 Retweets❤0 Likes

Within minutes the replies and notifications started rolling in and I still hadn't heard anything from Y/N.. I was starting to really worry about her when I got a Twitter notification that caught my eye;

Y/U/N has sent you a message!

I opened it and read the message.

Y/U/N
Hey, srry the call cut out, my phone died and I have it charging while I use my computer rn 😅

I let out a sigh of relief and quickly replied;

Dream
I'm just glad you're safe and that you're not ignoring me ^^

Y/U/N
Yeah, srry again about my phone dying, what were you trying to say on call?

I froze for a second but decided to just tell her the truth rather than lying to her.

Dream
I was trying to say "Because I love you." 😅😳

I waited for her to respond, a bit nervous about how she might react as the typing notification appeared at the bottom of my screen.

Y/U/N
Oh 😳 Well.. I love you too 👉👈

I stared at the message for a little while, not exactly processing it as my brain wanted to shut down. Eventually I regained my bearings and responded.

Dream
You do?

I was still a bit dumbfounded that this amazingly sweet and creative girl would actually love someone like me.

Y/U/N
I do 👉👈

Dream
So... Wanna maybe go out on an actual date sometime.? 😅😳

Y/U/N
I'd love that ❤

I smiled at the message and closed my phone as I layed back in bed, still in a bit of disbelief but happy that this was actually happening. I stared up at the sealing as I couldn't stop smiling. Of course we'd have to keep this on the down low until we were comfortable with telling our fans about our relationship, but I am still glad I get to call her mine.

(Heyyyy, sorry I havent posted in a whillleeee 😅 Been kinda busy with life and lost a bit of motivation for this story but I've been reading all the positive comments about how you guys enjoy this story and decided I'd finish this draft I've had for a while, hopefully will update again soon but I go back to school again so it might have to wait for a weekend or when I have time, anyway, hope you guys enjoy! Dont forget to vote on the chapter, it's free and you can always take it back. Take care everybody 🥰🤗💙)