Chapter 10

"One, two, three!" Radi says as he mends the last broken rib. I scream again in pain. He then removes his hands from the spot he had them placed. "There, now you may rest. Your kind heal quicker so the pain should go away in just hours. I will make a tonic to ease it meanwhile." Radi says and he walks to his table that had potion bottles lying all over it.

Legolas and Eowyn were forced out of the room for this part as I needed to undress from my gear. "I heard the elf call you Lanae." Radi says, "I know that name. You must be Princess Lanae of Rivendell."

"T'is me. I come to give the king news from my grandfather. Once I heal I must deliver it. It is of great importance." I say rapidly

"Important enough to get chased and shot by Uruk Kai?" Radi asks. I simply shake my head.

"No, they were trying to capture me for other reasons." I answer, he acknowledges it and finishes up the tonic.

"Drink this." He helps lift my head and I drank the bitter tonic quickly. I start to feel the effect almost instantly. He starts to bandage my shoulder and passing me my clothing. "You should be able to heal just fine now. Come out whenever you're ready, but don't push yourself." He says to me and I nod. He walks out of the room leaving me alone.

I put my blouse and gear on. Wincing if I moved too much a certain way. Once I finish I lay back down, letting the tonic work its magic. Maybe if I use my own magic I can rid the pain quicker. I raise my hand, and let the white glow flow out of my hand.

Luckily it worked and I feel a lot less pain. But I knew I should rest a little while, just to not hurt my ribs any more.

I walk to the main room. I notice there are many people. Gimli eats a large plate of food and Legolas leans against a pillar. Everyone looks at me and Legolas rushes to my side. I walk towards the king and bow. "My king I bring wonderful news." I say to him, Legolas holds my arm and stares at me in worry.

"Princess Lanae, you surely went through a lot to deliver these news. Speak freely." Theoden smiles.

"My Grandfather Celeborn agreed to help aide you in the next battle. They fear it will be a fatal one." I say and Theoden turns serious.

"There will be no war." He states. I shake my head but to weak to explain what my family has foresaw.

"You need rest." Legolas says to me, I agree.

"I know but I had to tell Theoden. The war will come whether you accept it or not." I look to Gandalf and bow my head. "I am very glad to see you have returned."

"I am glad you are okay young Elf-ling." Gandalf smirks.

Legolas leads me to the room where they will be staying and I along with them. I lay down on the blankets Legolas laid on the floor. He guides me and makes sure I don't hurt myself too much. "Thank you for saving me Legolas. I am forever in your debt." I held his cheek. He smiles.

"You don't need to thank me Lanae." He grabs my hand and kisses the back of it. "Please rest, tomorrow will be a new day."

"Minia is she okay?" I ask worried. He nods.

"Yes she came back with us and no wounds to her. She is resting in the stables with our horses to accompany her." My worries fade, I know she is in good hands. "Sleep well love, we will join you in a bit." He kisses my forehead and butterflies fly in my stomach. My heart is feeling the love I wanted to forget.

"Thank you." I whispered as he gets up and closes the door behind him. Tears fall silently down my cheeks. Will I even be able to have the courage to leave him behind once my time comes to leave to Valinor? Elves only fall in love once majority of the time; is this love that I feel for Legolas? These thoughts only make me more confused and cloud my judgement.