{Chapter 1}

Tris' P.O.V.

I wake up from a dreamless sleep with my alarm blasting the most irritating sound in the world. I sit up and I realise what today is. The day before school starts. I mentally face palm myself and lazily get off my bed.

This new school, Divergent high. Begins in Sophomore year. It's quite weird, but I don't put too much thought into it.

The first "official" day of school starts tomorrow but the school demands that all Sophmores go a day early just so that we can get a tour of the place and an explanation of how everything works. We are also supposed to meet a few Seniors there who will take us on the tour and be our "friends when school starts". This makes me roll my eyes. I just want to get this over and done with.

I take a quick shower and throw on some black jeans and a plain white tee, for the shoes I choose some white sneakers. I put my hair up in a ponytail. Seeing as I only wear makeup on occasions I decide I don't need any today.

Once I've finished cleaning my room, I check the time and notice that it's only 9:15. I don't have to be at school for another 45 minutes so I decide to go downstairs and prepare a light breakfast.

I'm not surprised to see Caleb and Dad already sitting around the island when I enter the kitchen. Mom is probably still asleep.

"Morning Dad. Morning Caleb" I greet them both as I take out the milk.

"Morning" they both reply.

"Are you ready for today?" Caleb asks with an innocent smile on his face. You can see that he's taunting me. He's so lucky that he doesn't have to go to school a day early. Those are the perks of being one year older than me.

"I'm just jumping up and down with excitement" I roll my eyes as I say this.

"You know maybe if you showed a little enthusiasm, you could find a friend"

"Try taking your own advice before you hand it out"

Before Caleb replies Dad interrupts him and says "Okay you two. I get it you're siblings. Tris, do me a favour and make me a bowl of cereal as well."

"Sure, no problem." I make the cereals give one to Dad and head over to the couch. I scroll through social media while I eat. When I see that its 9:45 I get up and put my bowl in the sink. Go upstairs get my car keys and a jersey, just in case it gets cold.

I shout "BYE. I'M OFF TO SCHOOL." as I walk out the front door.

My car is a a charcoal Mercedes C-class with a creme interior and it's the love of my life. It might not be a Ferrari but it gets a complement every once in awhile.

I hop into the car and drive to school. According to Google Maps I live about 10 minutes from school. When I finally arrive its already 10:00.

I walk into the building to find a table on the side of the wall with a banner above that reads "WELCOME SOPHOMORES". On the table is a few pamphlets. I grab a map and make my way to the quad.

On the way there I bump into a girl because I was so focused on the map.

The girl is taller than me. She has dark brown skin and hair that falls to her jaw. Unlike my skinny frame hers is willowy. She is also wearing a white shirt and black jeans but instead of white sneakers she's wearing black wedges.