Chapter 1: New Life

"Ugh, my head hurts... Wait, where am I? And why do I hear sirens?" David thought to himself.

David looked around and saw the city in ruin, some buildings were falling apart, some of them were on fire and some of them completely ruined. In some of them he could see human's body sticking out from the ruins.

Then he asked himself.

"What happened here? And why am I on the ground?... I can't move a muscle... Why do I feel completely exhausted..."

Then David heard manly voice from the distance.

"Hey! There's another one, get the stretchers here!"

Two policemen approached David, noticing his eyes are open, the taller policeman started waving above his face and asked "Hey, are you there? Don't worry, help is on the way!"

Then policeman's got not very nice information from the radio.

"What do you mean all ambulances are full?! Then bring me the helicopter here! Ugh, I don't care if it's too dangerous! He needs help!"

David then moved his head and faced the policeman, barely conscious. The policeman noticed it and happily said:

"Oh, thank god you're alive! Say, can you stand?"

David looked at him but couldn't say a word. The policeman replied:

"Not good, he's probably in shock! Hey, grab his legs, we'll get him into the car!"

"Yes sir!" Replied police rookie.

After a moment, they safely transported David to the car and drove him to the hospital. After a few minutes they reached their destination however the hospital was full and the officer was told to bring him to the police station, doctors from the other cities are on their way to help them.

The Officer came back to the car and as he entered the car he punched the steering wheel out of anger.

"That damn Red Tornado! Why did it had to happen!?!

" A-are you okay, Sir?" Asked worried Cadet.

"Of course not! This City was so peaceful and suddenly it's in complete ruin!" Officer yelled so loud he scared the cadet.

"O-Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell at you." Officer immediately apologised.

David overheard their conversation and word caught his attention.

"Red tornado?" David thought to himself and immediately after the headache came back as he remembered a little of what happened...

Officer turned around and noticed that David started sweating more than before, after checking his forehead he found out David has a fever, then he immediately asked him:

"H-hey, hang in there! We'll be there in just a second! Don't you dare die on me here!"

"Are we going to get there in time, Sir? It's 30 minutes of driving before we get there!" Asked worried Cadet

"D-dont worry, I know the shortcut." Said Officer with a drop of sweat on his face.

"I'm not entirely sure if I should trust- YOU!"

Officer turned on the signals and sped up beyond the limits, freaking the Cadet out.

"Sir! Are you sure we should drive so fast?!" Asked Cadet.

"Yes, I'm totally sure!" Answered determined Officer, accelerating even more.

"Sir, we should slow down or else I'll end up hurt as well!" Asked scared rookie.