Chapter 2: Gearing up!

Wonderful smell of grilled steak, served with fries and salad reached David's nose but when he reached to his pocket it was empty and his stomach started grumbling even more as he looked at it with pathetic look in his face.

"I can't afford it..." Said with disappointment in his voice.

With no money to afford anything he decided to look around and right in front of the restaurant was a small building with signboard. "Sword shop" was written on it. David decided to see what's inside and once he entered he saw tons of different types of swords literally taking all space on the walls. Rapiers, claymores, daggers, cutlass, sabers and tons of more.

"Oh, a customer! What can I do for ya?" Said enthusiastically the shopkeeper as soon as he noticed David.

"He can speak english?" David thought to himself.

"Are you the blacksmith?" David asked.

"Nah, I'm babysitter looking after 3 kids. Don't I look like one?" Blacksmith replied ironically and laughed calmly.

"So are all those real?" David curiously asked.

"The ones at exhibition are just models, I don't want anyone to grab and play with them when I'm not looking- Hey, why are you leaving?! I also make real ones!"

David didn't get interested at first and wanted to leave before the blacksmith could even finish talking but he managed to get David's attention. David walked over to the counter and asked:

"What kind of weapons do you make?

"All kinds, rapiers, swords, polearms and even more popular choices, you ask you get it, for the appropriate fee of course. Blacksmith replied to his question.

David put his hand oh his chin and started thinking what would suit him the most. Blacksmith noticed he was lost in thoughts and broke the silence.

"You enthusiast?" Blacksmith asked curiously.

"Yeah, something like that..." David calmly responded.

"Judging by your build, I would suggest you to use katana or one-handed sword. But, if you work on your posture you might as well use polearms, such as spear, but well, it's up to you."

Blacksmith suggested correctly, after all he has years of experience. And so, David decided to take katana as his primary weapon.

"I've decided. I'll take katana." David confidently replied.

"Great, that will be 800€."

On David's face appeared discouraged, doubtful, surprised expression.

"What?! I make top quality weapons, best in this country, of course they are expensive! If you don't have money right now you can pay on delivery, you hafta wait one week for me to finish anyways." Blacksmith responded to David's disrespectful expression and so David agreed to his deal.

"Great! Give me ya number and name so I write your order down."

"Uhm, yeah, about that... I don't have any phone..." David hesitantly answered

"You don't have telephone in this age?" Blacksmith replied, surprised.

"My phone kinda... Drowned... Anyways please just write my name, David, I'll come back in exactly 7 days. Is it alright?"

"Not exactly, I won't be able to inform you if your order gets delayed, but if everything goes well you might get it just on time.... Alright, I wrote you down, do you need anything else?"