Chapter 7: Family's Reunion

"You are..."

"My brother?"

Both said with their eyes widened as none of them expected to meet here. At long last, after many months, Adam met his long lost brother - David.

"Adam? Fancy meeting you here... I guess..." David said, feeling uncomfortable.

"Fancy?" Adam let out a few tears of happiness and hugged his brother.

"Brother, where have you been?! Father has been looking for you everywhere!"

"Father?... He was looking for me?" These words angered David a bit but he'd rather hide his anger for now.

"Yes! He's been trying so hard to find you! What are you doing here, so far from home?"

"You know... Shopping... Fish without any spices tastes so... Vague..."

"Huh...? Oh, I get it! You've finally moved out, right?"

"Yeah, something like that..."

"That's amazing! Are you living alone? Did you move with somebody?"

"I did... First few weeks..."

"Oh, did something happen?"

"That's... Nothing that would concern you..."

"Oh, alright then... Oh, I almost forgot! Dad said he wanted to meet you, think you've got the time?"

David was unpleasantly surprised by this question and responded in disbelief.

"Huh? What that geezer could want from me?"

"I don't know but... He's really worried about you, you should go and visit him!"

"I have no intentions of doing that."

"What? Why? Did you have an argument or something?"

"... Yes... You could say that... (Argument that's been going for 5 years... That's it)"

"Oh, that would explain a lot! But, anyways! You really should go and see him! You can't just argue to the end of the world! I can even come with you if you want!"

"I really appreciate but no."

"Sigh, can't say I tried..."

A moment of silence took place where none of them would say anything. David decided to end the conversation and continue shopping to quickly come back to his daily routine.

"Anyways... It was nice meeting you after such long time... I'm surprised you've got the time to visit your family..."

"Haha, I've been kinda busy with work and my studies, you see... Adult's life is kinda difficult! I'm even more surprised you're doing so great on your own I'm jealous! But... Oh, shit! I'm late for the training! A-anyways, I need to go! Please reconsider visiting our father once again!"

Adam turned around and ran to his car but then was suddenly stopped by David's voice.

"Hey..."

"Oh, what is it?"

"Say... You've said earlier he is worried about me... Right?... What exactly... He wanted to talk about?" Sorrow could be heard from David's voice.

"Hmm... I'm not sure... I haven't really asked but he's been worried sick about you! Not only that there wasn't mom around to support him."

David widened his eyes and anger filled them. David clenched his fist as he knew something happened.

"Honestly, what is she doing hanging out at the time like this? She should have stayed and help him a little..."