Finding each other.

Marinette slumped onto her bed and sighed. She had just graduated and was tired. But, she was finally free from the hell that is Lila Rossi. Or so she thought. She heard her mother call for her and dragged herself down the stairs. To be met with her livid parents, and a crying Rossi. She was shocked when her mother slapped her.

"You are scum. You never designed a single dress as MDC did you? It was all Lila, and you took all the credit and the money. As of this instant young lady you will be handing over MDC's bank account to the real designer. Give me the access."

Marinette blinked back the tears as her heart broke. She thought that Lila would stop, her parents believed Lila enough already. She already was yelled at about Haly's. But how did Lila find out? She pulled her phone out with shaky hands and started to type. After a few minutes (and transferring everything on her phone to the extra in her purse) she handed the phone to her mother and walked up to her room. Thankfully she had already "shipped" all of her furniture to her apartment in Gotham. Kaalki was a great help. She had just closed the door when she heard the phone shatter against something and her mother yell,

"THE BITCH FROZE THE ACCOUNT!"

She heard the pounding as they made their way towards her. She paled and bolted, grabbing the miracle box and transforming with Kaalki as she clambered onto her balcony. She heard the wood of the locked trapdoor of her room splinter and her father yell, "WHERE IS THAT DAMN CIRCUS BRAT!"

She muttered voyage and stepped through. As the portal closed behind her she sucked in a shuddering breath. The contingency plan for Lila trying to seize the account, locked for four years. Shit, she should have moved more money into the secret account. Now she had to apply for thousands of scholarships. She can't exactly pay for school with 4 dollars. Shit, she needs to get a job, or three. Her phone rang and she jolted.

'Miss Dupain-Cheng, this is to inform you that your meeting with the head of the fashion department at GU is in 15 minutes, please press two if you are unavailable.'

She hung up and groaned. "I guess that there is no rest for the wicked right Tikki?"

Tikki chuckled, "C'mon Marinette! You have to get ready. You can't go in your pajamas."

She blinked and jumped up. She pulled on a dark blue and black dress reminiscent of the last outfit she wore as Sparrow. Which coincidentally was the inverse of Nightwing's latest suit. Which was her robin's costume. (So the dress is mainly Nightwing blue and the emblem is black) Smiling softly she pulled on black stilettos and wore her half of the necklace. The little Robin on his branch. She quickly did her makeup and grabbed a black purse as she ran out the door, thankful her hair was already up in a bun.

Onwards towards her new life.

-Few months later-

Dick sighed. He and Bruce had had another fight. He doesn't care that he started at 10, Damian shouldn't be fighting crime so soon. He just started acting like a real boy and not an assassin. He shouldn't be back to fighting so soon. And he just came back from the dead. Bruce had finally had enough with his nagging. He had snapped and told him to stop trying to parent his children. He wasn't his ward anymore and he was under no legal obligation to help him. The fight escalated from there and ended up with him homeless and barely making enough to buy some food. At least Bruce had paid for this semester of schooling. And he did have several scholarships. But, he was definitely going to have to quit being Nightwing for a while. Maybe Roy would let him crash at his place? No, Kori would be there and he didn't want to have to relive Mirage again.

His stomach grumbled as he walked out of class and started to head for the coffee shop on the edge of the campus. Suddenly he was on the ground and a little sprout of a woman was on top of him.